1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling someone you are question your sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by perfectscorpio, Nov 20, 2009.

1. perfectscorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been seriously questioning my sexuality (I think I might be gay) for a very short amount of time, only like 2-3 weeks. And I just feel like I have this huge thing bottling up inside me. I really feel like I should tell someone I trust about all this, so I have someone to talk to while I'm going through all of this.

I really want to tell one of my very very good friends whom I trust completely and know wouldn't judge me or anything. But, should I tell her when I know for sure whether I'm gay oor not or should I just tell her now so I can confide in her what I'm going through.

She's been trying to get me to talk to girls and get with someone, but I'm seriously considering whether or not I honestly like girls that way.

What do you guys think I should do? HELP ME PLEASE? Suggestion, Opinons, I'll take anything!

2. Schu

If you trust her and think she might be good to talk to about it, go for it! That's what friends are for! Seriously, do it, you'll feel so much better even if what you tell her is vague.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it'd be a good idea. You don't have to be 100% certain of your sexuality to come out, and it's often really helpful to have someone you can talk to while you're figuring it all out. You could tell her something like "I think I might be gay, I'm not totally sure about it yet but it's been on my mind for a while" or "I'm starting to have second thoughts about my sexuality, I think I might like guys" or something like that - it's more than OK to come out as "not sure".

4. shorty

Yep, I would say go for it. Having someone to talk it through with would be very helpfull while you are trying to work it all out. And welcome to EC, you will get lots a great support here!

5. adam88

Getting other people's opinions, particularly from people you trust, can really help sort out the confusion. It's helped me recently, as I was going through something similar to what you're going through. :slight_smile:

6. -Michael-

I'd hold off.
    If you're confused then maybe try and come to slight term or understanding.
    just in case she is a bit bias.
    For example if she loves the idea of you being gay for whatever reason
    'omg yeah, you could be. You seem really weird around girls. And you're too nice to be straight. OMG like yeah.'

or if she's a bit against the idea
    'noooo, you can't be. you're too normal. You're nothing like a gay'

she could sway yourtr judgement and cause further confusment down the line.

try hanging here for a while and try to establish an even ground.

BUT
    if you do completely trust her...
    go for it
    it'll help a lot

7. perfectscorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you guys so much for all of your help. I really and truly appriciate all of your opinions and comments.