1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to decide my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Guitarguy, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Guitarguy

I'm unsure about my sexuality right now and I could really use some help.*
    First of all let me say that strongly think that I am gay and have no problems with that. In fact I really want to come out as soon as possible. I even have a plan to do that soon.*
    The only problem is that I think that I might be bisexual.*
    I would much rather be gay than bi
    Because I'm definitely not straight.*
    If you tell someone that you're bi they think that it's just a phase you are going through. But gay is more of a definite thing.*
    Anyways as I was saying. I like guys and find it difficult to picture myself having sex with a woman but I still find them attractive. This leads me to the interesting thought that I might be going through a heterosexual phase.*
    If anyone can help me decide whether I am gay or bi I would greatly appreciate it.*

2. FloatingPiano

First of all, let me just say that I think what you're going through is completely normal, as I went through it myself. I used to think I was bi for the longest time because of the same thing you are going through. I now know that I am a lesbian, but it used to confuse me all the time, because I would still find guys attractive, but not want to do anything.

The point is, that you can still appreciate that someone of the opposite sex is good-looking, even if you are gay. You just don't have to/want to be in a relationship or do anything with them.

In your case, I think it would be safe in saying that you are gay, based on the fact that you like guys, and cannot really picture yourself doing something with a woman.

So, I hope this can help you a little bit. :slight_smile:

3. Guitarguy

Thank you so much floating piano you have reasured me so much. I've been very confused lately and you have help so much. I know that you may be a lesbian and I might be gay but I still love you.

4. FloatingPiano

You're extremely welcome, GuitarGuy. :slight_smile: I'm glad i have helped you so much. That's why I joined this site, not only to reassure me, but others as well. :slight_smile: And that's so sweet of you too say. :grin: If you ever need anymore advice, you can always ask me. :slight_smile:

5. Danny19

I went through this exact thing. in fact when i first signed on to this i put my orientation as bi. I even wanted a girlfriend, i felt attracted to one of my closest friends. but i was wrong..i was just going back and forth in my head.anyways when i came out for the first time it didnt feel right to say i was bi, but i ignored it. when i came out to the 2nd person i said i was gay, and it felt right. So then i started asking myself if i really felt attracted to women as i thought. But the more i thought about it the more i knew i wasnt bi. The way i feel about dudes is way different than how i feel about girls. Now im definitely sure i was right in coming out as gay and not bi. I still find women very pretty and attractive. Just not for me.

I know this isnt really any advice, but maybe it can help you see how it can go about..

6. IanGallagher

Well, being bisexual is a "definite" thing. Not a phase. But, you aren't bi - you've stated you're not sexually attracted to girls which is needed to be a bi or straight guy.

7. Scentedcandle

Most people go thru the same thing, well I did anyway. it took me time before I knew how I felt so don't rush into anything, Give your self time to figure things out :slight_smile:

8. toaster

You don't need to decide anything now. Since you're like 14? Heck, even I am not really sure about my sexual orientation. So, take your time ( like me ), if you feel like coming out, just explainning to them that you're unsure and stuff.