1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my sexuality, please help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mfading, Jun 16, 2012.

1. mfading

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello everyone, i am feeling very confused about my sexuality right now and id be glad fi you could hear me out.

When i was younger i always feelt attracted to girls, and girls only, i feel in love a couple of times but never had any relationships.

Thaths how it was until one day when i was about 15 and i saw another boy without his shirt and for the first time i feelt a little attracted to the same sex, i didnt think much about it then.

Since then ive continued to feel attracted to girls except that i occasionaly find some man attractive.

This feeling sometimes bugs me, i feel uncomfortable about the thought of other men in a sexual way, thought i still find it attractive but i do feel a bit disgusted with it sometimes.

Its not that i at all care about what society thinks, my parents are very accepting of everything and so on.

But i still feel a revulsion towards my occasional gay feelings and they make me feel bad.

So my question is, what am i really? am i bisexual? just curious? or gay but afraid to admit it?

Thank you

2. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are sexually attracted mostly to girls, you can't be fully gay..but that doesn't mean you don't have any kind of attractions towards guys. You said you find some guys attractive but have repulsion? Well...I pretty much had that, but with time I got over it. Theres nothing wrong in finding other guys attractive or even interacting more personally with them, you should just do what you feel like doing. You have to find why you have that repulsion even thought you feel attracted to it. Maybe you feel shameful for thinking that about other guys? There is many stuff you will hear about this...Thats really all I can say, I know other members will give you better advices, they are waaaay more experienced than me.

But ..one more thing, I think that what matters the more is to feel okay about yourself and about your feelings, and don't turn your back or try to runaway from them, you have to embrace your feelings and you will surely find happiness. Be it that small attraction to guys that in the end might not matter that much, but feeling comfortable and being honest and open about these feelings with yourself will make things much easier and you won't feel bothered by them.

3. mfading

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you and i hope your right :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2012 at 09:08 PM ----------

Some guys i find just as attractive as beatiful girls, but there are way more attractive girls than there are boys.
    Also i can only fall in love with girls

4. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe what you feel for guys is a more physical thing without emotional being too involved.

And yeah... that implies what you feel for girls physically can also happen when its about a guy, what in the end suggests you are at least bisexual?

You also dont necessarily need to be tied to labels, in my opinion. I haven't come to a "decision" about my exact sexuality, I still feel something for girls, but guess what? I end by saying I go by what I feel lol, even though I am into guys most of the time, I can't say I am fully gay..what is not necessarily good if you ask me hahaha, things could be much easier lol.