1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a very confusing sexuality conundrum

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by charliebrown, Sep 26, 2012.

1. charliebrown

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I've been out gay since I was 19, got with a man a year later and married him a year later....

All well and good right? Well no, when I first got with him I was smitten with him, he help me with a lot of problems and was always their for me no matter what! Sex was great and we did everything together.

Now the problem is for some reason in the last 2 years I have felt no sexual attraction to him and little attraction to guys in general. I think I mite be bi or straight but being my age everyone knows me as gay and a lot of trust has been put in me by friends and family members alike.

It's such a good life I'm just longing to accept it and just be happy. But I know that I'm just being a fraud but not giving my true feelings and it will need to end somewhere. I have no idea what my friends would think of me coming out as bi and I really think my husband would breakup with me if I did that as well, I love him so my but no longer physically.

I do want to have sex with the other gender to see if this is just mixed feeling or just natural urges. But how could I ever do that when married. How to tell my friends "I think I mite be little messed up", and how do you explain "yes I SOUND camp, but that's not because I'm gay", I've only told one female friend about it and then had to stop talking to her because she kept trying it on with me lol

So yea if anyone knows anyone that can help or has some story's that mite help, please share

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, for future reference, I wouldn't marry someone after only a year of dating them. Especially if you're so young. Don't you want to experience life and be sure that this is a person you want to spend the rest of your life with?

Anyways, Only you know if you're straight, bi, or gay. How do you feel? Do you still look at guys from time to time? You may be bi, but your husband should be understanding of that. Remember, he also had to come out at some point. He should understand that it's difficult to do and doesn't necessarily mean you don't love him.

HOWEVER, if you're not attracted to him anymore, and you jumped into marriage with him way too early, both of you should have had some idea that this was going to happen. Most people don't stay with their first relationship for their whole lives...

3. spectrumsigner

This is why marriage counseling is a good idea. I mean, I know this is that good old 20/20 hindsight, but maybe, as Taylor said, you kind of jumped into this marriage thing a little fast.

However, maybe these doubts and feelings will pass. Give it time.