1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning my sexuality and need advise

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by madwaysz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. madwaysz

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For a while now I've had a though lingering in the back of my mind, "What if I also like girls?" and that thought has been getting bigger and bigger. I know i like boys, both emotionally and psychically but i am physically attracted to other girls. I don't want to jump to conclusions and label myself as bisexual just yet because i cant seem to see myself in an actual relationship with a girl. I'm not shunning the idea way because i don't want to be bisexual, if i am that's just dandy, but because i know a lot of girls (my friends) pretend or make themselves believe they are to seem 'cool' and i always thought it was sickening for someone to do that. Also i feel as if i were to call myself bisexual at my age (14) it would be like when a 12 year old says they're in love with someone when we all know they're actually not. I find myself looking at girls the way guys do and when my friend kisses me jokingly i like it... The only thing that keeps on stopping me is the emotional connection. When i think of a guy i can feel the loving emotion of an actual relationship but with girls i don't know if i feel that. Then i brought it up to my cousin after she jokingly asked if i was a lesbian that i found myself looking at woman in a sexual manner then she went ahead to told my mother what i said. So it seems i cant talk to her about anything so i turn to you lovely people.... Any advise would help... thanks :slight_smile:

2. Romi

First off, welcome to EC! I noticed this was your first post, so a greeting was in order. :]

Now on to the show. I want you to know that it is completely okay to be physically attracted to women without having an emotional draw to them. It happens, and that's nothing you can control. Therefore, it is nothing to be worried over or feel ashamed about.

Nobody can tell you if you're bisexual or not. Only you can make that call, because you know your wants, desires, and drives better than anyone else. But like everyone knows, those things are privy to change. Our preference for relationship partners is no different. You will find that sexuality can be a very fluid thing. Not necessarily for everyone, but it means that maybe you do like girls and boys. That's okay!

Right now, you might not feel an emotional pull from women the way you do to men. That can also change. It might just take the right women to walk into your life. After all, you don't feel emotionally charged by every guy you come in contact with. It's no different for the woman you meet.

Being bisexual, myself, I can tell you...attraction sometimes works in weird ways.

I have the opposite issue, however. Physically, I find certain aspects of women...not at all pleasant, but emotionally I feel much more connected than with men. So it really all depends on an individual.

Well, I hope I've been helpful and didn't confuse you too much! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me. :]