1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I stop my sexuality from leaking around school?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pokeguy7777, Nov 13, 2012.

1. pokeguy7777

Why do you want to know? In the universe, stalker.
    Hiya again guys, but this time I have an URGENT PROBLEM! I only have a few days, at most! Ok, so there's this guy who knows I am bi-curious, and I kind of rubbed his LEG! LEG ONLY! under the desk. I just wanted to see if he was interested, because from past times I have a reason to believe he might be gay or bisexual. So, the day went by as usual, but just as we are about to get on the bus, he tells everyone about my leg-rubbing. I'm REALLY not ready to come out now, so I just want to know a way to stop the "rumor" *wink* from spreading! I can't risk it getting out yet. Please, help me!:tears::help:

2. Ticklish Fish

oh, just leg rubbing? did you do it in an "accident" way or too intentional?

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bottom line is, short of outright lying and denial, there's really no way to stop the spread of rumors like this because school is one of the most gossipy places on the planet and juicy gossip like someone's sexual orientation spreads like wildfire.

If you deny it, people are going to choose whether to believe you or the other person, and the rumors will float around anyway. So what I generally advise people to do in such circumstances is simply to take a deep breath and just go for authenticity. In other words, don't deny it.

That takes a lot... but if you go ahead and acknowledge it, then you take away a lot of the power people have over you. In other words, they say "You're gay." And you go "Yes, and what's your point?" If they get no response and no rise out of you... they can't do anything. Of course, it won't guarantee you won't get bullied and such... but the point is, that if the rumors are already out there, you'd probably get that anyway.

For future reference: Fondling some guy's leg to see whether or not he might be gay is probably not the best way of testing your hypothesis. :slight_smile:

4. dano22

dano22 Guest

Best word of advice again never fondle a guy's leg in any circumstances unless he wants you or something like that. I don't want to be mean but you took a huge risk and now your gonna have to face the consequences no matter what you do. In high school gossip is gossip and personally if I was in this guy's position I would probably be talking about it no matter if I was homophobic or not. Even if this guy was gay he probably would of been going around school talking about it. That is just the way our generation is. Can't shut up and keep things quiet.

5. pokeguy7777

Why do you want to know? In the universe, stalker.
    Alright, the problem is here... This isn't high school. We should be going into middle school, but my school is weird... 6th grade is in elementary. Just old enough for all of the girl's hormones to be going crazy, but for me to keep a level head. And I can't come out yet, no matter what! I'm actually still in the depression stage instead of the acceptance stage. If my ONLY secret got around, mixed with depression;bullies; and the risk of losing all of my friends... I don't think I would be alive for long after that.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well.. the fact is that even if you deny it, people will still suspect. So, you're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. You cannot undo what has already been done, so you pretty much have no control over the rumors.

7. Jacek

You could try playing it has a joke ( it probably won't work but I think it has the highest chance of at least making it forgotten eventually). Cant hope for more than that cause the rumor will spread.

See your guidance office for help or visit a psychologist to discuss your feelings, sexuality, and suicidal thoughts.

I don't recommend this but if you feel your going to take drastic action (suicide) try changing schools. I DONT think that is necessary though and personally I agree with previous advice to just accept it and come out:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I thought I should throw out a few more options:slight_smile: