1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips for dressing gender neutral?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Parzival, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Parzival

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would just like to know if you guys have any advice for a guy who wants to try dressing androgynously for the first time. I definitely like guys, but i've been having trouble figuring out the rest, and I figure that going to the middle-ground is as good a place to start as any ^_^;

2. Gen

Gen

Hmmmm... that is a hard one. Though what I think is important to remember is to be who you want to be. Wear what you want to wear.

People who dress in cloths of another gender, for example, dont do it because that is what the people of that gender do. Transgender individuals dont(or shouldnt) do or wear things to pertain more to the other gender. They do it because that is how they feel comfortable.

So I would say to not alter your closet to fit your gender identification. When you go to the mall, buy what you like. Dont think about what it will mean for anything else.

3. plain jeans, tshirts and hoodies are all unisex.

that being said though there arent (that i can think of) any places that sell unisex clothes so youll have to pick clothes from either/both genders in the store....

dress in whatever you feel good in.

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No matter what you wear, no one will guess that you're trying to dress gender neutral. So, yeah, wear whatever you're comfortable in, just know that people won't acknowledge you as gender-neutral unless you give them a whole lecture on what that means.