1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ruby Dragon, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After another long time reflecting on myself and figuring out just who and what I am, I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually just a tomboy who won't mind kissing a girl when it comes to it. However, I'm not sexually attracted to women, only emotionally.

HOWEVER, I still have feelings for my ex-girlfriend, and she feels the same about me. I told her about my new-found sexuality and it didn't seem to really bother her that much. I think for her, it's also more about the companionship than anything else. But what will I be when I decide to date her again? Obviously I won't be able to identify as straight, but I'm not bisexual either. People will see me as a lesbian, and though I don't have a problem with that, it's also incorrect. So can I still call myself "just a tomboy" or is there another term to describe what I'll be should I decide to date her again?

I'm not particularly looking to date women, just her. So I'm really confused about it. It won't be a sexual relationship either. Though I think she might want sex. Ugh, I just don't know anymore :eusa_doh: :bang:

#1 Ruby Dragon, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. Neutrality

Have you thought about measuring yourself with the kinsey scale? Bi-sexual is really a large umbrella term that doesn't have to mean 50% attaracted to men and 50% to women...it could be 95% attracted to men and 5% attracted to women....it doesn't even have to be that general either, for me I hate saying I'm attracted to men or women, I'm more attracted to individuals...so when people ask I'll tell them I just like people.

I guess the essence of what I'm saying is it's possible to be mostly straight but, just a little gay, or just gay for a small number of girls.

I'll also chime in and say if you are not sexually attracted to your ex-girlfriend, would it really be fair to date her agian for either of you...She probably deserves to be with someone who will find her sexually attractive and want to have sex with her.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I should rate myself on the Kinsey scale, I'll be about a 1... I don't feel I'm bisexual at all, but there is that very tiny part of me that won't mind kissing - not necessarily date - a woman. So guess I'm at least about 2% gay. Not enough IMO to be classified as bisexual...

Re my ex girlfriend: We talk on a regular basis via text and yesterday I asked her specifically what she wants from me and where I stand. She replied that we are fine just the way we are now (i.e close friends but no relationship) She continues to tell me that she loves me and misses me a lot, and hinted at something more (possibly sexual?). Though she said she was only joking, I feel that there's more to it than a joke...

So yes, it would be unfair on her - and I - to get back together. Because we want different things. She also mentioned that she never has sexual thoughts when she thinks about me. So guess it's not all bad. I get very jealous when she is with her ex (a guy) and I know that they possibly also have feelings for each other. I told her that and said that I become a bit possesive of her sometimes because I don't want her to date someone else. I know I cannot tell her what to do or who to date, but I'll be heartbroken if she took back her ex-boyfriend... I don't know, maybe it'll take time for my feelings to pass and in time I'll think and feel differently about her :shrug: