1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is anyone else questioning their sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 20, 2012.

1. just wondering , you can vent if you'd like about it. i don't really mind. i just wanted to know i wasnt alone :slight_smile:

#1 woundsneverheal, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  2. FemCasanova

I have seen a lot of threads with people asking about the same thing, so I can assure you that you are not alone in questioning your sexuality :slight_smile: I might have done it once upon a time, but it is a while ago, and today I am quite fine with it! It gets easier as one gets older, and learn more about oneself. At least that was how it was for me :slight_smile: You want to tell us more, about what you struggle with?

3. FunnyMonkey

I'm 22 and still questioning my sexuality so you are not alone. I really don't have any idea what I'm so, I'm just go with what feels "right" if that makes any sense.
    If you want to talk (or type) hehe I'll listen.

4. yeah , i just wanted to make sure i wasn't haha. i've gone with the "flow" and still trying to go with it but its complicated sometimes

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2012 at 05:52 PM ----------

i'm just struggling if i'm either attracted girls or if im more attracted to girls than guys

5. Greendalehumans

Yeah definitely :slight_smile: I've got it down that I like girls, it's the guys I'm no completely sure about. I mean, I've had crushes on a couple guys before, but it was just their personalities. Not to mention they all had sort of girly faces :/
    And I never wanted to do anything further than maybe holding hands or something.
    But sometimes I wonder. That's why I like the Kinsey scale. It's not so black and white. I figure I'm probably around a 5 :slight_smile:

6. FunnyMonkey

7. hpcee

Yeah. I'm pretty certain I like guys but still trying to figure out my feelings about girls.

Confusing stuff. :/

8. Nyanko

Definitely. For now, and maybe until I find "the one", I'm perfectly fine with just being me.

9. yeah , its usually hard for me to tell what feelings are what

10. DancingGrape

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am totally perplexed at the moment. I am a 21 year old girl and have always liked/been with guys but met this girl a couple of months ago. She totally fell for me and it was all a bit awkward so I had to tell her that it would never happen because I'm not gay. I told her this many many times when she would try make a move.
    But in the past few weeks, I find myself thinking about her a lot, looking at her facebook profile a lot, waiting for her to come on line.. etc.
    The strange thing is, I saw her kiss a girl in a bar last night and it actually got to me! I got a bit jealous!
    I have never had an interest in girls and am still just attracted to guys... But it's this girl!? I dont know what going on in my head!?

11. Nyanko

Sometimes I'll think about how life would be like if I was dating a girl, other times it seems weird and the thought of dating a guy sounds nice...it's frustrating, especially when my family is all like, "You should learn how to cook, that way you can make your husband food."

I just nod but inside I'm like, "Well...I don't even know if I like guys...but making myself food sounds great!"

12. hahaha yeah....i actaully want to date this girl i've met online and we've known eachother for 7 months and i personally think dating a girl would be nice...i like the idea , i'm more romantic ...with guys , i'd usually would like to control the relationship , i always wanted something "special"

13. Nyanko

I've done that before, but since she lived in NYC it was hard so it didn't last...I'm more comfortable thinking about being with a girl, but at the same time, it makes me uncomfortable. Guys for me are kinda just...there, ya know? But then I always think there might be this incredible guy in the future that I'll meet.

I might as well just be asexual and get a dog.

14. yeah , me and her ...we've been through...damn ...like a lot and im surprised were still talking but i know...if we do date (still haven't gotten an answer if she does want to try again) then i'll get my driving hours in and drive to california and just save up some money for a hotel...and drive back...but

guys ...for me were there but ever since i've been questioning...girls have been on my mind , i still find guys attractive and i find girls attractive as well , but im trying to figure out if im attracted to girls or if it'll wear off or something

15. GDUSA

GDUSA Guest

I used to question my sexuality. not anymore. I know I like guys more. Was hard transition from denial to bi to gay. Labels aren't all about me tho. I am just the same person I was before my whole life.

16. i am still trying to figure out if im attracted to girls or not but i'll get there

17. Nyanko

With me and NYC (ohh, that rhymes) we fought so much I wondered just what we saw in each other. Then again we kind of fit into the generic girl/girl couple: I was the girly girl (even though I'm not) while she was more masculine and tomboyish. She was fun to talk to and I really liked her, but she also slept around and toyed with people's feelings, and I couldn't deal with that. I still have a bit of feelings for her...

I also remember having a boyfriend who was the ultimate douche. He was nice to me and caring when we were alone. But get us in public and he'd treat me like some stranger. I couldn't eat with him at school, he blew off our dates to hang with his friends and tried to make it up with, "I'm sorry babe I won't do it again." Pssh. The week after I broke up with him, he was dating someone else. I'm just really glad I didn't give him my first kiss.

Sometimes I think I'm just going through some "phase", but this has been going on for years, I'm not even sure if I'm capable of being with someone; it doesn't feel right anymore.

18. well , i've only been questioning for a year but i just wish it would stop.
    its funny , im tomboyish and she's one of those girly girls....and were really opposite but we click...we understand each other , she doesn't cheat at all and neither do i....her only problem is she never tells me how she really feels because she's insecure...

there's been guys who have been really sweet to me but i just was not interested , they always liked me....i never really liked them back...i gave a guy a blow job unfortunately at 12...and it sucked...but i haven't had my fist real kiss with a girl

and i've had those guys who have completely crushed me...there was once a guy i really liked and he dated me as a bet

19. Nyanko

:O That's just like her too lol. I was always the one pouring out everything, but she kept everything she felt bottled up. To me anyway, she always went to another friend of mine to vent. It made me feel a bit alone and that I was annoying her. In a way we were both insecure about a lot.

There's a guy who has a huge crush on me and is super nice, yet he just...I don't know, I don't see us being more than friends. I would assume that doing it at 12 would suck, but to me, doing it at any age sounds very suckish...and gross.

20. yeah and ...but guys ...i mean...i don't want to date one right now ...although my dad insists only because he knows im questioning (whatever)

but as for my girl in California....she..feels guilty since she had lied to me and now she doesn't feel like i deserve her since she did lie to me...she didn't cheat but she just lied about who she was and said sorry a million times and so we skyped in what not and now i just hope we can try again...to see how it goes because i don't want anyone else but her...not to sound cheesy