1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know my sexuality. Is that normal?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thereshegoes, Jan 20, 2013.

1. thereshegoes

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It seems like most straight people never question it and it also seems like a lot of LGBT people know or suspect it from a young age, but it's been two years and I still can't figure myself out. I jumped around so many labels in my head, but I just don't understand my feelings. I'm a sixteen year old girl, so that's probably why. Usually I try not to think to much on labels as I have no need to label myself especially right now, but from time to time I can't help but think about it.
    I'm confused because I often have sexual feelings for other women. Such as, when my friend was only wearing her bra I felt this desire for her to take her bra off and just not being able to take my eyes off women's bodies on television (not to sound creepy). I have never looked at a guy and though he was "hot" the way I have towards women, but I often find myself day dreaming about being desired by men sexually. I honestly think it's an attention or insecurity thing, like sometimes imagining being wanted sexually by someone. Although I can't really imagine myself dating a man, as to wear I can imagine myself dating and being in love with women. Although I've never had romantic feelings for a woman, but I have had feelings for men before. I just wish I could stop all these sexual feelings for women and just be straight and stop being confused all the time. Plus, sometimes I feel ashamed for feeling the way I do.
    If you have any input or can relate I'd love your support or advice.

Thanks for reading!

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Well straight people don't have to question it, because that's what's encouraged. So once they know it's just like an ordinary event. You sound like you're gay from what you've said, but there's no rush to figure it out. I think all LGBT people have felt ashamed at one point or another because just like heterosexuality is encouraged, we're encouraged to feel like we're broken if we don't fit the status quo of the majority.

3. Reptillian

There's no need to use a label. If you need one, then look below and decide. Keep in mind that there is no perfect meaning of attracted, sexual attraction, romantically attracted and so on...

Sexual orientations label

Omni/Pan=Attracted to all sexes/gender
    Hetero=Attracted to opposite sex/gender
    Homo=Attracted to same sex/gender
    Bi=Attracted to both sex/gender
    A=Attracted to none

You can mix any one of them with romantic and sexual.

Romantic

1. of, relating to, imbued with, or characterized by romance
    2. evoking or given to thoughts and feelings of love, esp idealized or sentimental love

Homoromantic means to be romantically attracted to the same sex/gender

I'm sure you understand what bisexual means, then you should understand every other Xsexual.

Keep in mind that it is possible to have a colliding romantic interest and sexual interest. It is not unheard of.

And then here goes with the labels that are not orientations.

Apasexual
    Pomosexual
    Undefined undecided or unsure

What does these means?

Apasexual
    ---
    1. Someone who lacks interest into sex.
    2. Doesn't necessarily belong into the asexual group as it's about the attitude toward sexual activity and not necessarily their own attraction.
    3. Can be undecided on the spectrum or in mix with conjunctions to pomosexual or even mixed with one of the sexual orientations.

Pomosexual
    -----
    A portmanteau of pomo, short for postmodernism, and sexual, used as a nouna person who opposes to using (a)sexual orientation labels which define people by their sexual preferences and the lack of thereof when asexual is included and as an adjective, referring to such a person or to the philosophy of pomosexuality.

This means that a pomosexual is a person who asserts himself/herself to have a undefined sexuality and does not refer to sexual orientation labels in order to describe himself/herself.

#3 Reptillian, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013