1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused about my sexuality...why now

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by nickih, Jan 28, 2013.

1. nickih

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 31 year old female. I have always thought of myself as straight. And am happy relationship with a guy and we young daughter together. I love him and I'm sure of that. But I feel attracted to other women too. He is aware of this and has asked me if I want to explore it more. I'm thinking he wants me to explore it more because he like any straight men likes idea of two women. Where do I go with this. If we do expirement how do i not ruin my relationship in the process. I'm worried what if I find that I like women better. And ofcourse I'm worried about my little girl. Help!!!

2. Femme

When a man thinks a woman should explore her attraction for women, he is hoping for a threesome. I was the 2nd girl once with a guy friend and his gf. She ended up resenting him for "making her" have a 3some. I don't buy the making her part but they broke up after the 3some. Personally, I think she really enjoyed herself and became so scared.

If you love your bf, make sure you consider the possible fall out. I'm not saying not to explore but just know that it could lead you away from him. As for your daughter, gay people raise kids all the time. She'll be fine if her mom is in a healthy and loving relationship. Don't worry about that.

Good luck!

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I think we generally know who we are attracted to without necessarily sleeping with them. I have no experience with women for instance.

I would look within and see where my priorities lie. It sounds like you have a healthy relationship with a man and you have a child together. Do you want to jepordize that for a fling? Or maybe your man and you can set some healthy limits for you to experiment. However, I think if you're really happy with him and your daughter that should be all that matters.
    :slight_smile:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if he really is just angling for a threesome, I would be really angry at him if I were you, and call him a lecherous pig. BUT: If he really does support it for your own self-discovery and doesn't just want to participate, it won't hurt your relationship to experiment, with his approval of course.

Best of luck. It sounds like a possibly stressful problem (*hug*)

5. Ianthe

What has led you to question your sexuality?

Who would you explore with? Being attracted to women doesn't mean all women. It won't tell you anything unless you choose one you are attracted to--in which case, you kind of have your answer already.

Sexual orientation is about desire, and you have desire before acting on it. You are attracted to people before having sex with them. It doesn't really go the other way, with you having sex to figure out whether you are attracted to someone.

If you are finding it confusing, it probably means that you are in denial about something. Otherwise, what you want and what you don't want, who you are and are not attracted to, would not be that difficult a thing to figure out. The confusion is because there is a conflict between what you want, and what you want to want.

Your mind will tend to play tricks on you in these kinds of circumstances.

6. nickih

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for everyone replies. Ianthe initially your post made me upset probably because you were so right and I didnt want to hear it.

I wanna think I'm straight because it makes life easy. But truth is I am crushing at a girl at work. I dont think she is lesbian or bi, and I'm not going to ask her because I'm in a happy relationship myself. She is gorgeous though beautiful red hair tall and nice curvy hips and she is smart. Sexy as hell even in a nurses uniform I can imagine cuddling with her. Ive also kissed a girl before in my college days. Sparks flew for me, but I know the reason she did this was to attract guys.

So I guess this makes me bi right. Because this means i can love both women and men. I guess the makes the pond bigger if I ever go fishing again(which is not something I'm planning). Should people besides my bf know I'm bi?. And how do I tell him that I'm not just curious that I am, but I definitly have not fallen out of love with him

7. Priiiide

You don't have to tell people about your bisexuality unless you are comfortable with it. It's good that you have accepted it. It's a good idea to reassure your boyfriend that you love him and want to be with him. DO you think you want to experiment? If yes, mention to him that it's something on the cards. Be honest, share your thoughts and concerns.