1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my sexuality? Please..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by paintbrush4657, Feb 2, 2013.

1. paintbrush4657

Help with my Sexuality?

I have a girlfriend, and I love her to the ends of the earth; hell i'd take a bullet for her. But i'm not quite sure that I am bisexual, like i say i am. I have only dated two boys, the longest relationship lasting two months. I felt uncomfortablw with the thought of making out with them, the thought and mechinacs of sex with a boy/man w.e., grosses me out.. But at the same time, my girl and I (as we are both bisexual) will point out "damn he's hot" or "he has a NICE ass" Only with my girlfriend have I EVER made the first move to makeout. I don't know why. I would marry her, i would have sex with her.. But I do not know why my sexuality lies... Is Bisexual leaning towards Lesbian accurate? If not, what would you say?

2. Hot Pink

Re: Help with my Sexuality?

You might be a Kinsey 5. You can still tell when some guys are hot, but that doesn't necessarily mean you want to have sex with them.

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2013 at 03:40 PM ----------

The thing is that sexuality isn't as cut and dry as many people like to believe.

3. paintbrush4657

I have a girlfriend, and we have been together for 10 months, she is the longest relationship i have ever had. I see myself as "bisexual" but i'm not quite sure. I have had crushes before, and i've dated a few guys before, and with one guy, there was nothing when we kissed- nada.. my other ex.. when he asked me if i wanted to makeout i said no, becuase i was uncomfortable and i never did it before.. With my girlfriend, not only have i made out with her, but i've made the first move. She is my world, i would go to the ends of the earth for her. I love breasts, and forms of female sex seem to me, like it would be great. The actual thought of mechanics with sex for boys grosses me out.. but at the same time i can look at a guy and be like "damn he's hot, or damn he's sexy" Don't take this as i want to leave my gf, i don't at all.. I just don't know that i classify as bisexual. Or do i? I don't know, which is why i came to ask all of you.. I need some advice..

4. curlycats

the first question to come to my mind is is that "damn he's hot" and "damn he's sexy" purely in acknowledgement of his aesthetic appeal? is it ever to the point that you see yourself potentially wanting to get physical with him at all, even if just to kiss him? if not, perhaps you aren't bisexual after all.

just a thought.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps as your orientation states you are bi but lean more towards girls, there is nothing wrong with that. Sexuality isnt as simple as bi, straight or gay there are lots of grey areas inbetween. I say if you are happy with your girlfriend as it seems you are then just go with the flow.

6. paintbrush4657

I dunno.. i mean i'd say "oh i'd totally **** him, but i don't think i really would. I think it is because the guy looks good. I don't want to come out to anyone until i'm sure.. I don't want to seem like a poser, because I'm lost... I could see myself having sex with my girlfriend though. The two guys that i were with in the past..I don't think i could see myself having sexual realtions with them.

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2013 at 01:59 PM ----------

@ silverhalo: Thanks.. I just wanted to make sure.. I want to come out to my parents, but i don't want to come out as bi, if I later find out that I am lesbian. I don't want to give them that false hope.

7. curlycats

i agree with silverhalo, if you're completely happy in your current relationship then i would just go with the flow. and as she said, being bisexual doesn't mean you're equally attracted to everyone. you can be more sexually attracted to your own gender than to other genders and still be bisexual. it's just if you never see yourself getting together with the opposite gender again that you'd be better labeled a lesbian.

but again, that shouldn't matter so much in your case. tell your parents that you are bisexual but generally prefer females if that's how you feel. that should signal them to not expect you to eventually settle down with a guy.

8. paintbrush4657

That makes a lot of sense, thank you. :slight_smile:

9. julia

Just because you can say a guy is hot does not in anyway make you straight or bisexual. I am a "full blown" lesbian but I say guys are hot all the time. They are, but I would never want to have sex with them or date them. Sounds to me that you are a lesbian, but you don't need to label yourself as that if you don't want to. You could be bisexual but leaning towards lesbian more, I've heard a lot of bisexuals like a gender more than the other.

10. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people

Are you also thinking your girlfriend isn't into making out with you?

IDK, l would just say that some bisexuals won't be attracted to men and women in exactly the same way.

l think l get pretty close to the border sometimes, and can have a really strong emotional connection to men that can nearly translate into attraction. lt doesn't. but l can see how it could.

That could happen with you, l've also known plenty of straight women who just DON'T think boys are cute lol. Like really don't, but like them for other reasons.

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you can tell your parents you are not straight and at the moment you are in a relationship with a girl, that probably doesnt give them too much hope for the future. One step at a time.