1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotional mess

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fallingapart, Feb 28, 2013.

1. fallingapart

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't even know where to start. At the age of 21 I came out as a lesbian after struggling with my sexuality for so many years. I had a couple of girlfriends and then I met my present partner. I fell completely in love with her and we have been together for almost a year. In this time, I started a new job and was thrown into a completely new world with people I would not normally meet and I met a guy. From the start, I got on with him and we had so much in common unlike me and my girl who are like chalk and cheese. As I got to know him I began to fancy him and develop feelings for him. My head is completely confused at the moment. When I was younger I had boyfriends but they were not anything special, it was just me trying to work out who I am but this guy has began to make me reassess my life. I have never slept with a man and now I want to. I don't want to break my girlfriend's heart as I care about her. Another thing, me and my girl are planning to move into together in May as my job means we hardly see each other. I don't know what to do or who to turn to. Pleas e help.

2. LauraMarie

Perhaps you bisexual? Some bisexuals(like me) are more into girls rather then guys. I would talk to your partner about your feelings because she has a right to know whats going on inside your head and you diffidently need to talk to you her since your moving in with her as well. Goodluck!

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with LauraMarie, as a bisexual myself, I would say while I am attracted to girls physically as much as I find guys attractive, I really only imagine relationships with guys. Every time I've tried dating a girl (well perhaps I simply haven't dated enough, but still), I always felt uncomfortable, tense. It just didn't feel natural. Whereas my first feelings for a guy felt like the most natural thing in the world. I didn't feel tense around him, I was able to completely relax and have fun with him.

It's fairly normal for bisexuals to have a preference. I personally believe it's due to the fact that a bisexual has some physical cause of their attraction to both genders (like genetics), but psychologically, they feel more comfortable in a gay or hetero relationship. We're talking sex vs romance here.

4. Queen

Now what season of The L Word is this?

But seriously, why do people always think these attractions are about sex(ual orientation)? There was one thing said that lightbulbed...

These things can go hand-and-hand--an unfamiliar environment/anxiety situation and an intense attraction. And then there's this...

Another anxiety situation...

The guy could very well be a coping mechanism. That's about as much as I see from what was written. :rolle:

#4 Queen, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013