1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i bisexual or just confused?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by musiclovr, Feb 28, 2013.

1. musiclovr

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 14 year old girl and I'm really confused all of a sudden. I've always found girls physically attractive, but I've never had a crush on a girl or wanted to be a relationship with one. I've had a lot of crushes on boys, included one long-term crush that lasted 3 years! The thought of having sex with a boy scares me and boys in general kind of scare me. I find them sexually attractive but when I think about them that way I get kind of scared. I didn't have a dad growing up, I don't know if that relates, and I had bad experiences with scary men growing up. I just can't be confident around a boy and I feel awkward thinking about them sexually. I don't feel awkward thinking of women sexually but I would never want a relationship with one, like I said, there's no emotional attraction if that makes sense and I wouldn't really want to have sex with one, I just find them attractive...

I think I might just be scared of boys right now or something but the thought that I could be gay scares me because all I want is to be able to date boys like my friends confidently.

2. Kay

Kay Guest

According to this i think you have a long way to travel before you call yourself a lesbian. It doesn't sound like it to me. I think you may have a natural attraction to the way girls look and move. You find women sexually attractive you say. You find guys sexually attractive but are scared of them. You also say you don't want a relationship with a girl. I am hearing a lot of confusion.
    I would say the first thing you need to do is figure out what is scarey about guys. You may already know and just aren't saying and that's okay. I would sit back if I were you and work through some of these feelings and how they all relate to your sexuality.
    Once you discover the answers you may well be able to figure out your identity.
    Message if you want to talk. Welcome to EC and hugs

3. campervankid

I'm really quite bad at giving advice so sorry but hugs usually make people feel better so here (*hug*)
    I'm sure you will figure it out in the end though :slight_smile:

4. LauraMarie

I agree with Kay and id only like to add one thing. You dont have to be just like your friends. Your you and only you. Dont try to fit in with society because from what ive seen society is pretty screwed up to say the least. Be you. Because somedays you is all ya got. Being gay or bisexual dosent change how great of a person you are. So even if you are instead of "dating boys confidently" date girls confidently! You've got a lonnnnng time to figure this out. Its not a race<3 Goodluck hun we're always here for you!!

5. Kay

Kay Guest

Laura is right. This is not a race to figure out. It will take time what you describe will take time to sift through. Hugs and love