1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay but don't like sex

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NoPlanB, Feb 28, 2013.

1. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm attracted to guys (have been since for as long as I can remember), but I find sex boring and gross. The only thing I can think is "I can't wait for this to be over. Why am I doing this again?"

I guess I could classify myself as a homoromantic asexual. Is that even possible? I mean, why else would I want sex until I'm actually having it? Then I'm as turned off as ever. Anyone wanna help me make sense of this, lol?

2. forgetregret8

Actually, from my knowledge about asexuals, there are lots of different kinds of asexual orientations. I know of asexuals who just don't like sex, but like relationships! So this isn't completely unheard of at all! NO SEX?! - ASEXUALITY - YouTube
    Hope this helps!

3. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Very, a part of human interaction is romantic interest and not all romantic interest leads to sexual desire as a climax of it. I could just not be for you.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

No offense to your past partners, but maybe they just weren't that good.

Is your attraction to guys a physical one? Do you enjoy looking at them? Or is it a purely emotional one where you just feel close to the guy? Because if you're physically attracted to guys and you "want sex until you're actually having it," as you put it, maybe the problem was on their end, not yours.

5. J Snow

Perhaps you should look into the term demisexual.

My understanding is its a person who does not experience sexual attraction based on physical attraction but can develop sexual attraction with the right person via a strong emotional connection.

Now I don't have enough evidence based on your post to come to that sort of conclusion, but I just wanted to make sure you know that "x-sexual" and asexual are not the only options. There is a middle ground.

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes this is very possible! You're not a freak trust me. :wink:

It's been proven that romantic intent (Oooo he bought me flowers!) and sexual desire (Bow chika bow bow!!!) stem from different areas of the brain. Voila!

7. curlycats

of course it is. may i direct you to my post here.... http://emptyclosets.com/forum/1360359-post4.html

being asexual does not mean one doesn't have a sex dive or that one never desires sex. being asexual is about a lack of sexual attraction and nothing more. you will find that there are asexuals who are sex-repulsed, there are asexuals who enjoy sex as much as any sexual person and there are many (actually, i would say the majority) who are somewhere in between those two extremes.

you really need to pay more attention to what kind of attraction you find yourself having towards someone. is it purely emotional? romantic? a mix of emotional/romantic and aesthetic? is sexual attraction actually present at all? do you find that a specific person can bring about the desire to have sex with them, or is it simply a desire to have sex that really isn't brought about by or directed at any specific person? the latter isn't sexual attraction at all, but rather is just a sexual urge or one's libido at work and nothing more.

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2013 at 10:15 PM ----------

what you described is aesthetic attraction, not sexual attraction. even asexuals can appreciate someone's looks.

8. mav96213

Maybe you need to be "deeply" in love, really connected with the other person before you will actually enjoy it.....

9. Aedos

Aedos Guest

You should look for love before sex, and maybe then you can be comfortable with someone to have sex ... Otherwise, you will need therapy!

10. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I disagree :eusa_naug

You are perfectly normal. Go find another asexual to be with.
    :grin:

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sexual attraction and relationship attraction are largely disconnected. While they overlap because they're both pretty broad categories XD I wouldn't say you need one to have the other.