1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know who I am anymore

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lonegirl, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Lonegirl

For the past three years I've been obsessing over my sexuality 24/7 and I've come up with no answers. I always thought of myself as straight. I had two major crushes on guys, I still think about them all the time. But when I kissed my boyfriend (he was not one of my major crushes) I felt grossed out. Recently I kissed a guy on a one night stand and I felt the same thing. I don't know if it's because I didn't feel an emotional connection or if it means I'm a lesbian. I've never had a crush on a girl but whenever I see one I feel aroused and anxious simultaneously. I'm only aroused by a guy if I'm emotionally attracted to him. Before I started worrying about it I never felt any attraction to women. Now I can get turned on watching girls dancing in music videos. Part of me wants to try being with a girl, but it freaks me out. I'm really stuck and I just wanted to know if you had any insights as to what orientation I might be.

2. LauraMarie

only you can truely know your sexual orientation but from the looks of it i would say you may be bi-curious? You dont have to lable youself if you dont want to some people don't. I would just take the time to sit down with yourself and think. Dont rush into this just remain calm and take your time. It seems like your kinda alittle bit attracted to a girl but you don't seem like you want to date one is this correct? Just because your attracted physically doesn't mean your attracted mentally o-o Goodluck<3

3. squally89

I think your straight experience haven't really been the best according to you. Maybe if you kissed a guy you really like you won't feel so gross out?

And thinking about your sexuality 24/7 won't help you figure out who you are. Just live in the present and do what you feel like doing. Like the motto "don't worry and be happy" :slight_smile:

4. Lonegirl

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile: I tend to be an anxious, obsessive person, so it's hard for me not to ruminate. That's something I have to work on.

5. squally89

Don't worry I'm highly neurotic too, but I just tell myself to calm the poop down or drink chocolate milk lol it helps for me

6. Sayu

I think it's definitely because of the lack of the emotional thing. I didn't like kissing my old boyfriend (back when I was 13 + I was dating him only because I wanted to try to date someone). But half a year ago, I really enjoyed kissing with my male friend whom I had a (not-so-big, but still) crush on :slight_smile: