1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i gay...im in love with a girl

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by johnny44, Mar 1, 2013.

1. johnny44

i think this is what love is, i can't stop thinking about her, i love being around her, i get all kinds of mushy feelings when i think of her, i want to protect her etc

I guess my worry is i will get deeper into this and come to the conclusion im gay, or there will be some kind of sexual dysfunction that will awkwardly expose myself. I dont want to hurt her and i dont want to lead her on. Also im worried people will say to me your gay why are you doing this? and vice versa to her. etc, i definitely have some attraction to girls, it is undeniable but i also feel drawn to guys in an equally or slightly more amount. Ive never been with a guy, id prefer not to, ive enjoyed my experiences with girls (they were exciting and felt good) but ive never had a girl like this before. She is perfect. She likes me back, from what i gather it is still sexually but i don't know how long that will last unless i make a move.

What do you think?

2. Cynder

I think you are probably more bisexual. I also think that you should give the relationship a try. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, right?

3. johnny44

Im going for it no doubt. what is the actually definition of bisexuality?

4. June Cleaver

It sounds to me like love! The protect her etc. thing is typical male behavior toward a female that he thinks of her as his. Guys do that to me all the time, it comes natrually to them. Who cares what people think, go for it! What is the worst that can happen? June

itsuka likes this.
  5. sexual attraction to men and women. that's it. it could be more one than the other or it could be equal, it just means you have attraction to both.

6. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Do keep in mind though that sexuality is fluid. Maybe it's just me personally, but if you're like 90%+ for the same team, you're considered gay by society's standard. Sometimes things that you can't control just happen, like feelings. If you generally aren't open to dating women, then don't change the label, but there can be grey areas. Love doesn't discriminate.

7. Mogget

You might be romantically but not sexually attracted to women, like I am. Most of my crushes have been on girls, but in most cases I've had absolutely no desire to sleep with them.

8. johnny44

im not trying to label myself all these crazy sub categories of sexuality, that just further confuses people and pushes me further into the outskirts. i really want the oposite of that. when i hug her i fall apart inside

9. Mogget

So what do you want?

10. johnny44

i want this girl and i want no one to say things about it

11. Mogget

So ask her out. You might want to make it clear that you aren't into her sexually, though. Not necessarily on the first date, but fairly soon into it.

12. johnny44

ive already hung out with her a few times. i wouldnt go out of my way to hang out with her if i didnt wanna to get physical. i guess i want to know if its morally wrong to do this? i am not decieving her cause i geuinely like her.

13. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, just to let you know, you are probably bisexual. Now, just to help you out here. Here's the Kinsey Scale of sexuality, it helps you to measure your sexuality.
    [​IMG]

Now, for the girl you like. I would recommend telling her that you're not entirely sure about your sexual orientation. So that way she knows what she's risking when she dates you and that she won't be completely surprised and heartbroken if you do decide that you are indeed homosexual or bisexual or whatever you are. You can't choose this, but you are on the path to realizing who you truly are inside, it's a tough road, but trust me. It's worth it so you don't lead a lie all your life.

#13 MtnFr3sh, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  14. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

"You can't choose this, but you are on the path to realizing who you truly are inside, it's a tough road, but trust me. It's worth it so you don't lead a lie all your life."
    I am one of those people who has led a lie for decades. Just learning how to breathe and be myself in my 40's.
    I am proud of all you wise kids (young adults) on this site who have found the courage to accept yourselves and be who you are at such a young age.
    To answer the thread topic- "The heart wants what it wants." Just be honest with her.

15. Yui

Yui

Okay, here is what I think about your situation:

Yep, this sounds like love :love:

Are you out as gay? If people didn't care the first time you came out, they probably won't care the second time when you come out as bisexual/whatever, too.

You sound bisexual to, maybe with a preference for guys. Don't worry about confusing people, straight people generally know at least three different sexual orientations - straight, gay/lesbian and bisexual. If you started going into pansexuality etc. you'd probably have some explaining to do but bisexual should be no problem. Never met a straight person who didn't know what bisexual was - not even the 94 year old grandma of a friend :grin:

Go for it! :slight_smile:

Aww, that sounds so beautiful - LOVE :love:

Then go for it!!! Love is the most precious thing in the world :slight_smile:

No, it's not morally wrong. You wanna be physical with her? Again, I'm 99.9% sure you're bisexual. Being bisexual doesn't mean you can't be in a monogamous relationship. You'll always find other people attractive, a straight guy will find other women attractive, a gay guy will find other men attractive but when you're in a happy commited monogamous relatinship you won't cheat on your partner because nothing compares to him/her and it's just not worth it and you don't even want to do that anyway.
    And you're pretty sure she feels the same for you? Then what are you waiting for?
    Good luck! :slight_smile:

16. johnny44

thank you