1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Saturnine, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Saturnine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there!
    Well, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm 24 going on 25 and have been contemplating my sexuality for quite some time now.
    I have up until now, identified as straight and have never experimented with another woman, but I have always had a lingering attraction (both romantic and sexual) toward the same sex. Even as an 11 year old I clearly remember asking myself if I were really straight and getting a trifle too excited about being near my best friend. I guess I was a pretty clued in kid. Anywho! Now that I am nearly a quarter of a century old, I think it's high time I started exploring this part of me, and figure out who it is I am. And herein lies my problem.
    I don't know where to start or what to do. I thought about attending an lgbt event, but that would mean going in alone, and that terrifies me. So...yeah. Help?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Muchas gracias!

Saturnine x

2. Aedos

Aedos Guest

Explore your options, because you never know what the future holds ... I think you should try to figure out if you are a lesbian or not.
    Definitly, go to the LGBT event, and see how it goes :slight_smile:

3. LoveMusicPoetry

Yes, it is awkward isn't it. I am facing the same anxiety about going to LGBT events alone. My situation is made worse by the fact that I have terrible eyesight as well, like I'm vertually blind, can't see for shit. Still, I'm gonna do it though. Mrs right isn't gonna come climbing in through my window is she?The way I see it, if I have the guts to finally admit to myself that I am into girls, then a few hours awkward social anxiety is a doddle.

4. Saturnine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That would make things a little harder. :/

But you're right! A little anxiety is nothing.
    If I can be an awkward nervous person in school, I sure as hell can be an awkward nervous person outside of it! (!)

Although I really wish Mrs Right would come through my window.

Thanks a bunch for your help, and good luck with your events too! :grin:

5. Lez

Lez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*)I totally understand. It takes a LOT of courage, but initially you just have to go in alone. BUT have you looked on the internet for any kind of site for any LGBT groups. That's how I got started. After the first one or two, you get to know other members and it makes it easier. Hope that helps.

6. Saturnine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I've spent a lot of time perusing the internet for communities in my city, I also joined a dating site with no avail, so I think that made me a little more anxious about the whole thing. I've joined a group in my city and am just waiting for the confirmation, so heaps of thank-yous to you for that! Now, if I get accepted in to the group, it's just a matter of summoning up the guts to actually attend. Hehe! Oh social anxiety, you so crazy!

Once again, thank-you for your help. I'm so glad I found this site, it's been really helpful reading through all the posts, and everyone is so ready to give advice. It's lovely.
    I wish I'd found it sooner. :grin: