1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

working this thru ............

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by afraidtomove, Mar 2, 2013.

1. afraidtomove

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i have come to the conclusion that i get emotionally attracted to females, and not so much sexually (wouldnt mind being physically close, but they dont so much sexually attract me)............and with males, I am sexually attracted to them, but never ever seem to become emotionally attracted to them.

What that all means i am not sure. I have deciided not to try and label it. I told my female FB (crush) of the above observation, and although she offered to discuss it, i still see she is uncomfortable. I feel bad that I even ever brought up being emotionally attracted to her in the first place.

It seems to be a cycle with me, she isnt the first female friend I have felt this way about, but as time goes on, whenever this happens, the friendships turn normal (no strong attachments)..............just normal, good, friends.

She had asked if all my friends that this has happened with before, if they are gay or straight - and they are all straight.

So I will give her space i guess, let her process and hope the entire thing didnt blow up in my face. I really care about her and feel i have hurt her, even though nothing here is to hurt her (just a declaration of strong, good feelings) which in my opinion, how can that be bad?

2. Ianthe

It's likely that she's not sure what to make of it. I mean, how did you want her to respond? What exactly did you say to her, were you trying to start a relationship with her?

What is her sexual orientation? Do you know?

3. afraidtomove

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I told her that " i cared for her probably more than I should" then I told her that i am emotionally attracted to her, but not physically. I pretty much explained it to her the same way I did in my post.

I wasnt sure of how she would react. She can't understand why I can't emotionally connect with males. I guess neither can I.

She had been sending mixed signals and had asked me 6 months ago if I were gay. I guess I wasnt sure why she asked.....was she interested or did she just want to know. I was open to starting a relationship with her if thats the way she went - but all in all i would like to stay friends with her.........she asked me to think about if I could JUST be friends with her. I told her yes, because quite honestly, this has happened in the past with other female friends and I usually work out of it and we wind up with a typical freindship.

She said she's straight - and i am inclined to belive her. She just threw me off with what I thought were mixed signals.