1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Just... Argh

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Auxibiology, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Auxibiology

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just feel really dysphoric recently (if thats even a word) and I feel like punching a wall. I want to come out but then my parents will thing that I'm in a phase or that I'm rushing it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need to calm down. How do I do that? Also, how do I get my parents to understand the whole trans* umbrella in general?

2. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well you can in a way try to hint them that it's no phase, I guess you can do that by showing some masculinity off, even if that sounds stereotypical -- unfortunately, it does work, since many parents are uneducated about it. You might as well also show them PFLAG, here's a link: http://www.pflag.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Publications/OTC_5thedition.pdf

If they really care about you and are willing to give you all the attention you need, and that you're absolutely certain that you're going to live as who you claim to be yourself forever, then make sure they read all of that, because it's a lot but it's very well worth it.

Good luck!