1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't resist your gay feelings?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rabarber, Mar 4, 2013.

1. rabarber

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I've been thinking. Come to realise it's pointless for me to write about myself, no one can decide anything about me for me, I have to do that part.

I have one question though.

People say when they are together with theire girlfriends that they can't resist theire gay feelings any more, that they have to come out.

Could someone explain to me what that is like? How does it feel? How does it 'manifest'? Is it a longing or is it that you're sick of denying it all? Does it feel like you're lying? Would you be able to live the life with a girl if you didn't care about that you were lying to her or does it come with a longing for something else that is really the big issue?(thats one weird way to explain it, hope you understand what I mean)

2. Modernity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Not having any sexual desire for my girlfriend - no matter how much i tried, i just couldn't force it. It does feel like a lie, and it stopped me from feeling intimate. The issue for me, is accepting and acting on my sexuality.

3. rabarber

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So the issue is only based on sexual attraction and not who you feel interested in and longing for? Do you feel interested in girls, wanting to be with them, just that it is purely the sexual attraction that is the problem? How about feeling interested in guys? Do you feel that, or is that maybe something you have to accept before you actually start to feel that?

4. Modernity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I guess sexual attraction is the base issue, in that a long term intimate relationship with a man or woman needs a sexual component.
    For me, guys are more sexually attractive. To accept that feeling of attraction as a positive and healthy part of me, i guess just takes time.

5. Crystine

Crystine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    it takes a lot of time :lol:

6. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I know these questions aren't directed at me but I can answer them having been in one of the other poster's shoes. Emotionally, having someone with you feels great whether it be male or female. I like affection. But when it comes down to that very deep, sexual desire, with girls there is a wall. It is empty. Something is lacking.

Your gay feelings don't overshadow anything. You simply lack heterosexual desire. There are people that have both hetero and homo sexual desires just like there are people that only have same sex desires. It does come down to purely sexual attraction. I do want to point out that sexual attraction is more than simply being excited about particular body parts. You are aroused by the presence of that person as well, their personality, etc.

7. rabarber

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    But then what is sexual attraction. Does it include romantic feelings or is that something you can have for a person without the sexual attraction? The kind of feeling when you feel "pulled" towards a person. Or is it simply getting horny?

8. FemCasanova

Hmm.. I don`t have any gay or lesbian feelings, so I wouldn`t be able to respond to it. I do feel attraction (sexual and emotional) and love for other women though, but that is to me just normal attraction and love, there`s nothing about it making it different from "straight" feelings.

But I assume that if you were trying to hide said attraction (both sexual, as in you just want to bang em, and emotional, you are feeling a longing and warmth in a romantically way when close to a person who ignites it in you) to a same sex person, then you might think of it as gay feelings, gay attraction, and possibly if you feel you can no longer resist these feelings, you are actually just a person who is attracted to someone, who love someone, and is tired of holding back and hiding it. Then you might feel that you are unable to continue resist your "gay feelings".

As you might notice, I don`t like that term, lol. It feels like somehow gay feelings are reduced to something less than straight feelings, when it`s just the same feelings! A straight person trying to hide that she is not attracted to her partner anymore, feels the same as a gay man trying to hide that he is not attracted to his GF (I think), and a man loving a man feels it in the same way that a man loves a woman. And vica versa with lesbians. Love and attraction doesn`t just change form and experience after gender.

9. rabarber

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can see where you're comming from femcasanova, and I mean no offense, but we need a word to seperate them since they are different in the way that it is towards the opposite or the same sex, its not good nor bad, it just is.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know of any other way to put it but this.

I want to hug my female friends very tightly. With my boyfriends and partners, I don't want it to end there. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Same here!:icon_bigg

12. FemCasanova

Why is it different? And don`t worry, I was not offended by you, it`s just one of those subjects that get me worked up a bit (*hug*) But I generally separate between person and opinion, so it`s not a problem :lol:

But seriously, your sexuality is different, but the emotions themselves aren`t. If you are straight, the emotion you feel toward a sibling or a friend is different from the emotion you feel towards someone you are attracted to, and the same goes for someone who is not straight. However, the gender you are attracted to does not affect the essence of the emotions themselves. But you feel they are, and I would love to hear more about why you feel that way? Why are they just different, and what is the difference, other than them being directed at different objects, so to speak?

(*hug*)

13. rabarber

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Nono, I totaly agree with you. They are nothing but the same. The only difference is what they are directed at as I said in the last thread.