1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfume

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gibson234, Mar 6, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't now where to put this so I just put it here. So when ever I smell lady's perfume (like flowers and stuff) I feel like I want to smell like that and I want to put it on. I know I felt like this for a while because I remember as a kid sneaking into my parent's bedroom and taking my mother's perfume and putting it on me ( that was in till I accidentally got some in my eye). Does this mean anything? Am I just weird? I never thought of myself as being transgender or anything.

2. Ianthe

Re: Prefume

It means you want to wear floral perfume.

And, by the way, you should totally go ahead and do it. It's highly unlikely anyone will say anything about it, ever.

Well, if you put on too much, or if they are really sensitive to it, they might say something about it being too strong. But I would be really surprised if they ever actually mentioned it being women's perfume.

You could also just go to where they sell perfume and cologne and tell them you want something floral.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I might do next year in university (I wouldn't dare in high school) thanks for the advice =)

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't used anything like cologne in years. But a fast Google search shows that there are men's colognes with a floral tone. Not sure anything like that will fit what you want, but you have a bottle that says, "For men" on it if the question ever comes up.

And yes, I'd say the "meaning" is probably just that you like this sort of scent. Some men who are 100% straight use women's products for some reason. I remember reading something in Dear Abby (advice column) once from a firefighter who wore women's underwear. He was apparently straight, but this was the underwear that worked the best for him for some practical reason.

5. Yui

Yui

Smell and memory are closely linked and therefore a specific scent (in your case floral perfume) can be a powerful memory trigger. The scent of floral perfume probably reminds you of being with your mom and feeling loved and safe which means that you associate the scent of floral perfume with good feelings (love, comfort, etc.). Now that you're older you may not realize it but did you ever snuggle up in a jacket of your mom or a scarf of hers while she was away? Children usually do that - it comforts them and makes them feel closer to their parents even when they're out of sight.

There is floral perfume for men that you could wear but you could also use women's perfume - quite a few men do that. I remember that Michael Jackson used to do that with certain scents because he just liked the women's better - nothing wrong with that :slight_smile: I doubt people will notice and ask if you wear women's perfume.

6. Xena

Xena Guest

someone buy me perfume..