1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused by feelings

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gibson234, Mar 9, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never really acted feminine but I never really had a personality since I'm very socially anxious. But lately as I've accept myself as gay I felt like I want to act feminine despite spending most my life so far trying to act a masculine as possible (and usually coming across awkwardly). I scared to act feminine as I'm worried my family/friends will reject me. I never know how to act and get very anxious around people as I'm scared that they are going to judge me and I know that is stupid but I can't stop myself from caring. I have few friends and I am very depressed at the moment =(. I would appreciate any advice thanks.

2. Niko

I can relate as to what you're going through. I never expressed myself to people in fear of what they might think. But not everyone will think negatively of you, just know that.

If acting feminine makes you happy, then that's what you should do. Don't worry about what others think of you. Also, if your family/friends know that you're gay and they support you then you should have nothing to worry about.

Don't pretend to be someone you're not, it'll only make it worse. (*hug*)

3. June Cleaver

When you act butch, you are being fake. Good people will precieve you as a fake and pass you by. By being yourself the good people will be drawn to you because you will be precieved as genuine. It is always best to be yourself. Those that don't accept you probably arn't worth knowing. All my life I have placed those around me up high and treat them as I want to be treated. Anything I do for them I do with no expectations in return. I am never dissapointed that way. My best friend who has become real close, told me the other day I have have been better to him than even his family or any other woman ever has, and I am the only person he can depend on. He thanked me for being such a good friend and that made me feel so good! He huggs me every time he see me, no matter who sees. He hugged me today several times, the first in Hardees parking lot this morning the moment he saw me. A special bond has developed between us. He also knows me as June, an incredable woman he says. Since I have been out, and acting like June I have made a new set of friends. All the old ones like June as well. Be fem if that is you, and be a kind, caring, generous, and loving person and you might be suprised with the result. June

#3 June Cleaver, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  4. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know exactly how you feel. People passing judgement on me is one of my worst fears, but sometimes it's just better to let the real you out. I'm very socially awkward and for my first 3 years at a new school only made 2 friends, but this year since I've come to terms with my femininity and accepted who I am on the inside I find it so much easier to talk to people. It's still not easy by any means, but when you're comfortable with who you are on the inside it helps. I went to a GSA meeting for the first time a while back (I'd go to more but I wouldn't be able to get home :/) but the teacher that oversaw the class said (on the topic of coming out, but it applies in general), "We will pass silent judgement, but we'll move on." That judgement only lasts for a second, and then you move on. It's terrifying of course, but you and the people in your life you care about will move on. It's really ok to act feminine. My parents don't know about my issues yet and the other night I was standing in the living room with my hands on my hips and one of them told me to "get my hands off my hips that way" and I didn't budge. We moved on. I hope this helps sweetie!

5. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks for the advice =) Its gd to see I'm not alone in these feelings (or at least similar feelings)