1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes before realising you are homosexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rabarber, Mar 12, 2013.

1. rabarber

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If I am interested in the opposite sex. Feel that they "light my fire". Could this be something that appears to me like that because I am in denial? What is other peoples experience on this matter before realising they are homosexual? Before you realised, did you have crushes on the same sex even though you didn't accept it? What was that like? How did the opposite crushes feel to you(if you had any) before you realised?

2. lostinlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, I definitely did but at the time I didn't really know it was a crush.. It seemed more like wow that was a really really cool dude. Everything they said was hilarious and I would put them on a pedestal in my head so to speak. It wasn't until I recently started accepting myself that I looked back on those moments and realized oh damn.... I had the hots for him lol.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't really remember having any crushes on men before I realized that I was more attracted to women. Now, when puberty hit, I vaguely remember liking maybe 3 guys in middle school. Nothing ever became of those crushes because they eventually faded. I mostly crushed on girls in elementary & high school; I even had a boyfriend, but we only hugged. Those feelings that I experienced were never as strong as the feelings I had for girls. And once I turned 17, I discovered that these feelings had been awakened yet again. However, they were stronger than ever before, but I denied them.

I always felt awkward around girls, but I was more comfortable around boys. I was also more nervous/happy around females because I was attracted to them. It's really confusing when I think about it now, but it has been sorted out. Hope I've been helpful :slight_smile:

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah. I crushed on a few girls, only lasted a day though. lol

5. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I never really had crushes on guys growing up. I had a lot of crushes on my female teachers, I wanted to be closer to them. I didn't realize they were crushes at the time, but looking back I know they were. I would get nervous around them, want to impress them, want to be closer to them, and my heart would pound every time I would talk to them.

6. Sayu

I had crushes both on boys and girls, but with girls I haven't realised those were crushes, before I found out... I just thought I like them like a friend :slight_smile:

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure I knew I was queer first, but didn't know what to call it because I had no bona fide crushes. Around 14 or so, I started getting real boy crushes, and was certain it wasn't just a phase.