1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Day

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AshesofAshley, Mar 12, 2013.

1. AshesofAshley

Thanks to the support of EC I had a better today then I have had in a long time. I had a rough day yesterday and vented on here. I got some encouragement that I desperately needed. I woke up feeling better, got up early, cleaned house(in my true form since I was alone) I even took the trash out without changing back into men's clothes. It was a good day all in all.

Tomorrow though, I am going to stay the night with my mom. I'm not sure I have the courage to tell her yet, but I'm also not stressing about it. I know she doesn't know I'm in transition but she definitely knows something is different. I'm not sure I even want to tell her because we are so close. I'd be afraid of losing that relationship, but it would be nice to have her on board. She is my best friend... There is no one on this earth I would rather drink wine, cook, and watch movies with.

I don't think I will come out to her, but I wont lie if she asks me. Is this a good plan or no. Has anyone done that and had success. I understand the urge to be open can be strong. Is it better to get out off your chest sooner, or wait til I've had more time to come accustomed to the new me?