1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about Sexual Orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SeeingBlind, Mar 15, 2013.

1. SeeingBlind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For a while now, I've been confused. I'm 14 years old and in 8th grade, and haven't been sure for a while. I only find myself being attracted to boys though. I can know when a girl is hot and all but just don't care. I guess it started last summer, when I went to DC. We were in groups of 4, all sleeping in the same room. Eventually, I became curious. So that's where it all began, really.

Now, I think I have a crush on one of my best friends, and he is pretty outgoing. But it gets pretty confusing, since I live in a small town, and I don't really know anyone I can talk to. The thing is, I'm not entirely sure. I've never really had a solid girlfriend, I live pretty isolated, both of my parents already told me they wouldn't want a gay son, and like I said earlier, no really to talk to. I'm kind of at a stand still in what to do, really.

2. Lewnatic

You're 14, hormones are all over the place. I'm not saying they're the cause of your feelings, but they likely make them much more intense than they really are. To me, it sounds like you know what you like, and that's boys. You seem to understand that while you can appreciate when a girl is hit, you're not actually interested in them. You don't have to work everything out yet, as like I said you are young. Things will become more clear over time. Do you perhaps have a close friend you can talk to about it all?

3. SeeingBlind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have a friend who admitted to me she is bisexual. The thing is, we never really talk about it. I suppose she would be the first person to talk to. Thanks. :slight_smile: