1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of Confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ExtraC, Mar 15, 2013.

1. ExtraC

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been with anyone...in any sort of way. I'm 18 and a female. I find this very weird and confusing. I started being interested in girls when I was 13, but I wonder if I was forced into it. I've had very few guys interested in me over the years and I sometimes wonder if I'm pushing myself to be a lesbian because I can't get a guy. Slowly and slowly over the past few months I have been leaning towards being a lesbian. My mind automatically goes there now, but I don't know if this is how I really feel. I keep telling myself "once you experience something with someone, then you'll know" but this doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. I'm really just tired of being confused.

2. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in the same boat, though I have a little experience to go on... if anything, that makes it even more confusing!

Do you get the warm-fuzzies in your heart when you think of girls/guys? Is it purely sexual, or emotional? Thinking about it in those terms might clear things up a bit for you.

3. Christianna

Out Status:
    Some people
    thoughtfully enough almost everyone goes through this these days... I prefer to be confusing :slight_smile: but... in your case you need to actually go out into the water... swim in it a bit you have to be willing to try new things...... otherwise you will always be confused...

4. AloneAsian

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can relate to you, ExtraC, except from a male's point of view. Never got the courage to ask anyone out (only barely found the nerves to ask a friend to prom) on a date. But do you know anyone (guys or girls) that you really like or think you'd like? If so (and they would be willing to date a female), try asking them out. Maybe tell them that you don't really know how to date or be in a relationship and see where things go from there.

Christianna is right, being in the background of life will never give answers to your questions.

5. annonnn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can completely relate. I am 21 and it is only within the last year that I had my first kiss. (with a guy) Nothing more. Never been in a relationship either. I am trying to figure out whether the feelings I am having for women are simply my curiosity and lack of experience or true desires. I mean I can no longer picture myself with a man and definitely don't want one in my bed, but it is all so confusing. I question whether somehow I am forcing it all and once I get close to a woman, or come out, it will all fade away and I will have to explain it all to everyone I know.
    I wish I had an answer for you! I guess I am just saying that I understand and your'e not alone. :slight_smile:

6. Mochi

Same here. I'm 21 and at 16 I started worrying about my having thoughts about women. Slowly, like a snail's pace, like dripping tar... I have recently been tip toeing into a few lgbt gatherings/events. Sometimes it takes multiple tries to open the door :icon_sad: Some days its absolutely frustrating, but i try to remind myself that at least i've taken mini steps and that i can only go forward from here. Don't forget too that utilizing this website is also a step man :grin: just keep swimming.

7. ExtraC

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds to me like everyone here is in the same boat as I am, which is comforting, but still confusing. Would it be wrong to go after a girl if I am still unsure about myself? I'd be afraid of leading someone on or letting someone down. The same goes for a guy.

8. AloneAsian

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well, you either let someone else down or you let yourself down. Maybe if you're worried, just let them know that you don't know about your sexuality. If they say they don't want to help you with those problems, then you're probably better off not dating them anyway.

9. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

I am in the exact same situation and i'm 23 ! Sometimes i think i am forcing myself to think i'm a lesbian then i just don't know. It's exhausting and i am just tired of not knowing... But i guess with time and a little bit of initiative things will get clearer.