1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi, help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by teenage, Mar 15, 2013.

1. teenage

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    okay, for the past 2 1/2 years i've pretty much known i'm bi or gay...i just really don't know which i am. i've felt feelings before about girls, but just temporary. i also sometimes see a girl and be like "oh, she's cute", but these emotions really don't last long at all, unlike me and guys.

i don't have an issue with "being gay", i just have no clue idea on how to identify myself. i just don't want to come out and be like "hey, i'm gay" and end up later actually liking a girl. am i bisexual?

nick xo

2. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it depends on how you feel about the girls you think are 'cute'. Do you mean she's aesthetically pleasing, in an objective sort of way? Or do you think "I'd really like to kiss her, and I'd enjoy it"?

If you're worried that you'll comfortably identify as a gay man but then suddenly develop feelings for a woman, I wouldn't let that possibility trouble you. It probably won't happen, but if it does, it's not the end of the world. The labels we use for ourselves are mostly for our own benefit; other people could care less, so if you identify as gay now but later on find that you're bisexual, no one will hold it against you. Well... some people might, but those people are not worth your time.

Happy exploring. :icon_wink

3. CircusBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If I were you, I'd cut out the phrases "gay" or "bi" and go with "I like guys" when you come out. If they ask whether you're gay or bi, say something like "well, I definitely PREFER guys..." I think that does a pretty good job of conveying that you're into dudes, and you're PRETTY sure you're gay, but it's not a 100%, no-girls-ever deal.