1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure i'f im lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by federer1992, Mar 18, 2013.

1. federer1992

Hey, so i'm a 21 year old woman and i'm confused about whether or not i may be gay. when i was a kid i was a complete tom boy- hated everything "girly" and i never liked dressing up etc. but after i was 10- 11 i started crushing on guys and was definitely attracted to them - still was a tom boy though. the crushes and falling for guys lasted till i was around 15 . i fell into a depression around 16 and i'm still getting over that but the strange thing is , that was the last time i was every attracted to anyone. i'm wondering if i might actually be lesbian and whether i was going through a "straight" phase- though i'm not exactly attracted to women right now either! someone please help!

2. GiddyGreen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because you're not currently attracted to men doesn't mean you like women as a default. Have you ever actually been attracted to a woman?
    It could be that you're too busy dealing with some of your depression and you just haven't found the interest to really be with anyone. Do you want to be with anyone? Man, woman, or anyone?

3. federer1992

well for a short while yeah i might have been... but that was for maybe just a few months? and then that kinda disappeared as well...can depression do that to you ? right now i'm not attracted to anyone! the last time i made out with a guyit didnt do all that much for me

4. orangeyskies

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was a lot like you when I was a kid :slight_smile:
    For me, I just gave it time. It's tough to wait it out, but my advice is just to hang in there and let yourself be attracted to whoever. Spend sometime with yourself instead of worrying about others. If you realize you're mostly attracted to girls, there's a good chance you're lesbian. But you don't have to stick to any labels.