1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of hiding

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AshesofAshley, Mar 18, 2013.

1. AshesofAshley

I get on here, and I talk a big game about how I'm not afraid anymore of who I am. The truth is, I am still very much scared. I am tired of hiding the real me, but I do not have the courage to keep moving forward.

I was all psyched up, did my make up and hair, was wearing my little blue and pink short shorts, pink socks, a cute little top... I was finally going to have the talk with my step-mom and dad. When they came home I was going to walk out of my room and confront them(more my dad than step-mom, she is German and her brother is trans*) Well, when she got home she wanted to ask me something so she was calling me. I froze took off my feminine clothes, turned off the lights so she wouldn't see the make-up, and I tried to sound overly masculine which I rarely do. I wimped out again, as usual. I had been primping all day waiting for the moment, and I couldn't do it. Although I did forget to take off the pink socks, she didn't see them, or if she did she did say anything. I'm tired of hiding, but I'm too weak.

I reached out and found a therapist that specializes with GLBT. Maybe she will help. I just need to find the strength to keep moving forward, or I'll never be happy.

2. Theodora

I don't know your relationship with either of them, but maybe it would be easier to talk to your step-mom alone first? Especially if she has a trans* brother and she seems supportive of him.

If so she could help you know how to talk to your father about it, and hopefully back you up if he has trouble with it when you do tell him.