1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out of the mouth of babes

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AshesofAshley, Mar 21, 2013.

1. AshesofAshley

So I was with my sister today and I was riding in the back seat with my 8 year old niece. My niece and I were joking and my sisters said, "Ok girl keep it down back there." My niece without skipping a beat replied, "which one:lol:." She had me cracking up:grin:. She even calls me Aunt now... That made me feel pretty good. Now if I could just be myself around others!!(!)

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lolz seems like a great family youve got there... your niece has a wicked sense of humour... must be great to have suppourt of family

3. Niko

That's awesome. :lol:

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Aw, that's sweet. :icon_mrgr

5. AshesofAshley

She does have a twisted sense of humor, especially for an 8 year old. It is nice to have support even though the rest of the family wont be as understanding, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there! It just felt really good for the heart and soul just to be called aunt and have the female pronouns used. It seems so small and insignificant, but just to be spoken to using she/her made me feel so good

6. person54

I awwwwwed so hard.

7. estrella

That is so cute! I think younger kids, if given the chance, understand things better than adults do. I'm glad you have support in this. Best of luck. :slight_smile: