1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

same sex attracted and rebounding to straight relationship??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Clytemnestra, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Clytemnestra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hi, I was just curious about knowing if gay/bi/lesbians who know they have same sex attraction...well can they lie to themselves and try being in a straight relationship and be happy...even after being in love with a person of the same sex?...is it possible to rebound into a straight relationship and let it be successful? :confused:

#1 Clytemnestra, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  2. Femmeme

I have yet to see a rebound relationship of any type "work." They're usually a distraction to keep you from facing whatever personal issues the failed relationship brought to the surface.

In regards to the gender of your rebound... well if you're really Bi dating a guy isn't lying to yourself and if you have to lie to yourself to be with a guy you're most likely not Bi.

I'm putting that out there as someone that claimed to be Bi for 22 years... my denial is old enough to buy beer.

3. Naomilly92

I don't think anyone would want to rebound into a straight relationship, unless they were still really uncomfortable with their sexuality. It would be the equivalent of a straight person rebounding into a same sex relationship

4. Clytemnestra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess what I mean is, if someone had strong feelings for you (woman) and you for her, then she's ended it & now with a man- what do I conclude of that?

5. Oregontinker

Why I identify as a gay man, I think it is possible for a person to fall and love with a person of any gender. I have been married to a woman and had a successful relationship.

6. Femmeme

Clytemnestra, I don't think you can conclude much of anything from it. People's motivations for getting into relationships and especially rebound relationships are so complex I think anything you might try to read into it would be inevitably wrong.

7. Ianthe

That isn't really enough information to conclude anything. Why did she end the relationship?

Some people are bisexual. If she says she's bisexual, believe her. Otherwise it's rude.

If she claims she's straight, she's probably in denial, but it's still more polite to take her word for it, unless she is asking your opinion or advice.

If she isn't making any claim about sexual orientation, just accept that the relationship is over.

In any case, move on. Waiting for her to figure out her sexuality will only result in you wasting your time.

8. Clytemnestra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She ended it because from what I can tell she was jealous of me speaking to another guy..well, that's probably not all, but there is a couple of years of history behind all this and it's left me feeling hurt, embaressed and ashamed.. She has basically gossiped about me, spread rumours, intentionally attempted to hurt me and the thing is, I never forced anything upon her..I suppose I made it known I was attracted, then she leached on me and thought at least in her head we were in an exclusive relationship, which we weren't- she was older than me& very short sighted..The fact she never communicated what she wanted is annoying but would stare at me, hug me, want me to be around, tell me she loved me etc..then when I got close she would pull away.she admitted once she was confused, plus She's in the closet. I'm not at all assuming her sexuality, because I'm not forceful, but it would be nice to know where we stood...I'm just very hurt. By saying she's in the closet, not out to anyone about obviously evident tendencies

#8 Clytemnestra, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013