1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help figuring out my sexual orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anonymous_user_99, Mar 24, 2013.

1. anonymous_user_99

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi, im laura, im 18, im blessed to have one straight parent and one gay parent. (they got divorced several years ago because my dad came out) Ive always assumed I was straight, but now im thinking im not as straight as I thought. Over the past several months I would have periods of time where i'd think about lesbian women, (kissing, holding hands, ect) Id tell myself to forget about it, its just a phase, but then those thoughts and feelings would come back a short period of time later. (and still do today) I have dated guys in the past, and I do blush when im around a guy who likes me, but my hearts not into it, like were better off as friends, i dont want a relationship with you. Im also dying to go to NYC pride week this summer. I think it might help me discover more about myself and my sexual orientation. Should I continue to keep my thoughts to myself? or should I tell my dad and his partner? What way do you think im leaning with my orientation?

2. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I won't suggest what your orientation might be, but I think talking to your dad would be very helpful. I also think pride week events, especially in NYC (see my sig, btw), are a lot of fun and you don't have to make any decisions about who you are. It could help you figure things out, but it's also possible to get caught up in the energy and get the illusion of being non-straight when you're not. Feeling "at home" there might be a step in the direction, but not enough to form conclusions.