1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im just not quite sure and i want to know what to do

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by flightybrie, Mar 24, 2013.

1. flightybrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I'm super new so please advise if I do this wrong.
    I'm not sure if I like boys or girls or both or any, I just got my first boyfriend, and i thought it was pretty normal, and we have done things in a 'bed' way. I know that probably sounds pretty straight forward onto what I like, but my boyfriend thinks I like girls. I never really had thought about it, but he's convinced that by how me and my best friend, who is a girl, act, that i like girls.
    Me and her are really close, and have been sinse we met. We have kinda experimented a little in the past and both make jokes about it but I never thought about it as more than that until I started dating a boy, and I started really missin her and talking about her constantly. Every time I see her I am so happy and we just hug and cuddle and kiss eachothers cheeks and hands. Iv'e always liked being close with girls and kissing and stuff but I thought that was normal. everyone i've asked in person has said that how I act with girls is kinda weird but no ones given me any help about it.
    I just want to know so I can move on in whatever direction I go. I'm not worried that people will not accept me if I am or if Im not, I just dont know what to tell people when they ask.
    So how do I know for sure?

2. StormySea

Honestly, only time will tell, but I know how frustrating that can be! xD
    I guess you have to visualize yourself in certain situations, like how you would feel doing things (romantically or otherwise) with a guy and then how you would feel doing the same thing with a girl.

Given that you already know you enjoy being intimate with girls, I'd say that's definitely an indicator that you fall somewhere between bisexual and lesbian (or at least biromantic and homoromantic).
    And girls kissing is normal- society just likes to tell us otherwise. ^.^
    Do you know what the sexual orientation of your friend is?

3. flightybrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you so much for the reply!
    I'm not too sure about my friend, we are allways really close but I've allways been to nervous to ask her. She has had boyfriends and no girlfriends but then again I have a boyfriend and haven't had a girlfriend, so it's not a really good indicator.
    When I think about doing things with girls or boys, it allways feels the same intimately but I allways find myself thinking it would be nicer doing normal things like going for coffee or grocery shopping or bowling or anything really with a girl. I think it would be nicer holding hands and being close with a girl but more intimately I just don't know, I've never really been able to picture what I would like more.

4. StormySea

No problem! ;D
    Yeah, past dating history isn't usually the best indicator, however how the relationships fell apart may be...
    It sounds like you're at least bi-curious, but there's not too much more to go with that until you maybe experiment a little (and experimenting is fine! Just be safe ^.^)
    Is this something you'd feel comfortable talking to your best friend about? It would probably help you to discuss this face to face with her.

I'm sorry I really can't be of much help- I fall on the more lesbian end of the spectrum and am more butch female. I've also never had a boyfriend or been in a relationship, but I've known for most of my life that I like girls...
    When I think about being in a relationship with a boy, something doesn't feel right. I always shy away from the idea of being kissed by a dude and holding hands, and I'd destroy whatever guy tries to get me into a bed with them. :/ I don't find sex with a man attractive or appealing. At all.
    But with girls I find attractive, I just want to hug them and hold their hand all the time- much more so around my crush (who's a girl and also been my best friend for 12 years. We're stuck in some sort of flirtationship- I don't even know what's going on :/). I basically center my entire day around her, because I want to see her and be with her all the time. Like, if I could chain her to me for a day (or a few days, or weeks, or months, or even years) I would. It would honestly make me feel safer knowing I could see and protect her at a moments notice. Other people have noticed us as well, and we often get the comment that we act like a married couple.
    I can also easily visualize myself going up to an attractive girl and hitting on her, and even kissing her. A few times I've come really close to just walking up to this cute girl I sometimes run into in the hallway and asking for her number. XD
    Anything further then that though isn't in my area. I'm more asexual and don't really have a sexual attraction towards anyone.

So, I don't know. That's just me, and I identify as being lesbian if someone asks. I don't know if comparing and contrasting that helps you at all or not! xD

I can't post any off-forums links on here, but there's actually a pretty good wikiHow page on what questions you can ask yourself to paint a clearer picture on where you stand in your own sexual orientation. It's called 'How to Know If You Are a Lesbian' ((pretty strait foreword)) and at the bottom of the page there's a video. The same girl in that video did one about bisexuality, and I think both of those would be good to watch :3

Anyway, again, sorry I don't have more experience with this! I wish I had better advice!

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2013 at 01:32 AM ----------

((*Note: on the WikiHow page, some of the 'indications' like the feminists and dvd's one do not pertain to homosexuality in any way, but the steps that ask about imagining life with someone of the same gender do.))

#4 StormySea, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013