1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admitted it, but not quite accepted.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sayu, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Sayu

I've just rewritten my "Orientation" bar from "something between bisexual and a lesbian" to "bisexual". Yes, I do like boys. But I'm not really okay with being bisexual :help: I know that this is a chance for a "normal" life, but I just can't imagine myself telling someone that I'm bi. Whenever a girl says she's bisexual, people tend to think that she just wants to be interesting or whatever. I was completely okay with the idea of being gay, but haven't yet accepted that I'm in fact bisexual. I guess I should be happy. So I'm probably just some freakin' weirdo :bang: :icon_sad: Because the majority of gay people have a problem with accepting their homosexuality while I have a problem accepting that I'm actually not gay :eusa_doh:

2. LD579

I wouldn't get too down about this. It is true that there's a stigma for girls who identify as bisexual (that they're just saying it to attract more guys, 'cause all guys like watching two girls make out :rolle:slight_smile:, but... There are stigmas associated with many things, as I'm sure you know. It's unfortunate, but that's how things are, for now, at least.

People may think things about you if or when you tell them you're bisexual. You can't really do anything to change their minds, but over time they may start to see that you aren't just looking for attention, and that you were serious from the beginning.

You'll warm up to the idea of being bisexual. (*hug*) You're also not weird, based off of this, at all.

3. Sayu

Thank you Luthan, you're probably right :slight_smile: Or maybe I'll just say I like girls instead of "I'm bisexual". That could work, huh? :slight_smile: