1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too Many Thoughts In My Head

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ruby, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok this might be a long one buckle up peeps.

Ok so I'm attracted to different types of people at different times...Is that a thing?

Looking back I've noticed that when I identify as a man, I'm fairly certain I'm attracted to men...as long as they aren't overly masculine because then they scare me for some reason I don't understand. I'm very much attracted to gay(I don't like putting this because I know not all feminine men are gay and not all gay men are feminine but I'm more attracted to feminine gay men) (which really is kind of counter productive since I was born female and probably wont change that ever, even if sometimes I do identify as a man and straight feminine men)/feminine men. Also I like to be the more dominant partner overall in this situation. Compared to when I feel more female.

When I identify as female I'm more attracted to really feminine women and I'm not really attracted to men unless I meet someone amazingly funny or something. BUT when I'm identifying as female I feel less interested in sexual relationships and more into romantic relationships.

Is something wrong with me? Because that was really confusing and kind of scary to think about. I've never sat down and reflected like this before and I've never really noticed the pattern that I have for the more feminine types. How can I ever really find someone if my tastes bounce around like this it doesn't make much sense. I think I'm broken :bang:

#1 Ruby, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. Alyssum

I don't think you're broken, just confused. But you can get over that. :slight_smile:

As far as I understand, yes, it is a thing. And it seems to be for me as well so I hope it is. >.> I usually like guys but I almost never find them very attractive to look at. I always find girls very attractive but only occasionally actually want to be with them. It's interesting that you highlight the thing about romantic relationships with women.... That's how I feel too, it's much easier to imagine being with a woman if it's mostly or entirely romantic.

Here's a thought that just popped into my mind: Have you ever considered being with a male crossdresser? Feminine man for sexual activity, convenient woman for romantic activity... you know? :grin:

Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll find someone to be with. There are a lot of people out there who are pretty far out of stereotypical gender roles, and/or understanding of people who are. There are plenty of fish in the sea!