1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to know who i am

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mikey34, Mar 31, 2013.

1. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    if i never had the urge to date women but still find them attractive can i still be bisexual. I only tried to date a woman once and it was a bad situation she said no and made me feel like crap i was 16 im now 35 and slowly the urge to date women at all died. I am attracted to me but seems like the chemistry is there with only guys and when i think about dating women its almost like i dont want to really. Everytime i post here just makes more questions im a black and white type of thinker i need to know who i am once and for all.:icon_sad:

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In what way do you find them attractive?

People can find someone attractive in a nonsexual way.

3. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can just think they're pretty, and that's how they're attractive but not as a romantic attracttion.

4. godoftheatre

godoftheatre Guest

I know you probably don't want to hear this, mikey34, but no one can tell you who you are except for yourself. Sexuality is not black and white - it's extremely complex, and can be unique to each individual. From what you've said, it definitely sounds like you're mostly attracted to/interested in men. On the Kinsey scale you might be a 6 (Completely Gay) or a 5 (Mostly Gay, only incidentally Straight). Either way, I don't think you necessarily NEED to make a decision on whether or not you also like women (in any capacity). At least not right now.

You know that you like men, right? So maybe for right now, you should focus on that. Your status says you're just coming out to yourself. It's important that you grow to fully accept who you are. When you've done that, you'll be much happier in your everyday life. But remember that your orientation is only one part of you. It doesn't define who you are. The most important thing is to be comfortable with yourself, no matter what.

Because I'm gay (100% - I'd be about a 7 on the Kinsey Scale. Lol), I'm not in the exact same boat as you are. So I apologize if my advice is not satisfactory for you. I guess the best way for you to discover where you stand (if that's what you want) is to get some experience. Maybe just try dating somebody - a man (or a woman) that you're attracted to. And see how it goes. That could shed some light on the situation. Maybe you'll meet a guy, date for a while and end up together forever. If that happens, in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter if you also have a slight interest in women or not? I mean that in the best way possible, of course (I'm not bisexual so I don't know if it's wrong to say that, but I mean no offense :slight_smile:). All I mean is that if you can find happiness in something you know you like, why spend anytime worrying about whether or not you might like something else?

Don't look for validation in labels. Your sexual orientation is a part of your identity, yes. And it's important to figure it out. But you need to look for validation in yourself, and who you are as a person. I really believe that when you find the right person for you, you'll know it, regardless of whether they're a man or a woman. And when you find that person, that's all that really matters. :slight_smile:

Sorry I can't give you a more definite answer. But I wish you all the best in discovering who you are. Remember to love yourself, no matter what. Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks i know theres no definite answer thats the frustrating part