1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can your Kinsey number change ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Beware Of You, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I just took a kinsey test for some guys research at college (He is doing sexual psychology) and it came back as 6!!, and in the debrief he gave me I was told that I am the "gayest guy he has had so far"

I did one a few years ago and it was a 4, is it possible for it to change as you get older, I was only a teen back then, but now I have a serious relationship with a guy and to be honest I am 100% content and loving being gay.

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Mine changes constantly. Sexuality is a lot more fluid then most people think

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there any scientific research on this? If not, I'm not totally against that. I'm simply curious.

But yeah, I'd been kinda thinking the same thing. I might be slowly edging towards a solid 5.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Don't see why it couldn't, though I feel completely certian I'll never be less than 6 :slight_smile:

5. godoftheatre

godoftheatre Guest

Same here! Lol I'm absolutely positive mine won't change (I'm about a 7 on the Kinsey Scale :grin:). But everyone is different, and I think someone else's could change over the course of their lifetime. It depends.

6. HEREIAM2

HEREIAM2 Guest

I am certain mine went from five to four

7. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's just a reflection of your sexual orientation right? If so I would assume it was able to change, with sexuality being somewhat fluid.

8. Yes it is. Sexuality is fluid, and can change over the course of your life.

9. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Kinsey scale was developed with the idea that people change.

10. Eatthechildren

The Kinsey scale isn't a very good measurment of sexuality... But yeah, it's possible for it to change

11. Priiiide

I think that perhaps before you may not have been sure of the answers whereas now you are More sure of yourself. So it's not that it changed, it's Just you had more insight And maybe it was a different quiz which could possibly played a part.
    I find it so interesting how some can be so sure in their sexuality and others are more fluid. Interesting isn't it ?

12. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

It measures sexual behavior. I'm not sure how it can remotely measure sexual attraction and desires. Theoretically, a gay guy can be a "0" on the kinsey scale.