1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On sexual fluidity

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Musician, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Musician

I've gone through something so weird lately. Since I flew out of the closet, my mind went crazy. And my hormones. All I could think about was guys, guys, guys. Which was so odd, considering I was ridiculously attracted to girls my whole life. Maybe all those years of repression did it to me. Right now, and actually throughout the past few weeks, my attraction ratio of guys to girls is about 10:7. So I'm not that gay. I do have a girlfriend.

The hormones and craziness is dying down. I don't know if the 10:7 ratio will actually be my sexual orientation. But I do know that my attraction to women is becoming more present again. I just don't know is my attraction to men is completely going away. Nor do I think it should. It was just so confusing to have my head tripping for all this time over my new-found attraction to guys. Also, I kind of would like to know that things will even out, and it will be ok to be a bisexual guy in a relationship with a girl. You know, there are times now where I feel like a 10:9 or even 10:8 ratio, so that number with women is returning a bit. Just at times I feel a stronger attraction to men, like 11:8 or something.

So this has been a very weird time for me, and I don't know where it's going. I do know that I absolutely am enjoying being with my girlfriend right now, and I hope this can continue. I love her in all ways, and that at this moment is making me happy. So I hope I can continue like this and build my relationship. It's just that when I came out to myself and others, I couldn't even touch my girlfriend, knowing I am gay or bi or whatever you wanna call it. But now, I feel so much better about touching her, and I feel ok holding my bisexuality in awareness, and knowing I'm bi, and it's ok. And that I still find girls, including my girlfriend hot. I just think the newness and overwhelming nature of the bisexuality was just so much, and now I feel more relaxed. And I hope that the level of my attraction to women will be enough to hold my relationship and make it a loving one for a long time to come.

2. Cougar

Cougar Guest

If you have a new toy the focus is on the new toy.

Your numbers are really funny, because many who find out that there are men skip the women very soon because they they are happy to get rid of all the female stuff and get leaner bodies with minds that have similar interests and lots of sex dates and a freer life.

Many 'straights' who discover bisexuality become 'gay' insofar as they give up women as the less interesting option. That is the reason why many women and gays say that bisexual men don't exist.

You seem to be really bisexual, so you should ask yourself in which form you can your girlfriend and a boyfriend or at least men in some form. A practical question only now that you have realized that you want both sexes. But women are possessive, so you have to find a solution. I guess that your girlfriend will not be thankful for your offer to try the same sex as well. :icon_wink Time will tell.

3. LD579

This post, perhaps inadvertently, is perpetuating stereotypes. Both men and women can be possessive. Both men and women can be lean. Both men and women can have similar interests.

You've gotten lots of advice from other topics and such, Musician. As such, I merely posted here so that you and others could... hear my thoughts on the quoted post.

4. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I sort of disagree. I am sure that is true for some, but not quite sure about many or most. There's not many rewards leaving a straight life for a gay life. Usually it is the opposite. I just don't see the major incentive.

5. J Snow

Yes there are many people who claim to experience sexual fluidity. I guess perhaps I am one of them, but I identify as queer and do everything in my power to not over analyze my sexuality. I just like who I like.

Unfortunately discussing sexual fluidity is kind of frowned upon because it gets misconstrued as giving credence to the cliche argument about sexuality being a choice. Sexuality is really complicated. Some people are only attracted to one gender, and that's A-OK. Some people are attracted to multiple genders equally all the time. That's fantastic. Some people are just topsy turvy and all over the place attracted to different things at different times to different degrees. I think that's just as wonderful.

Be different and proud.