1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression and Confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mrcake, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Mrcake

I am 21 years old and in my third year of college. I live with my parents, work full-time, and go to school full-time. I have been having a hard time lately with myself. The reason why I joined these forums was for advice and help. My relationship with my parents is good, but they have been stressing lately.. I will be transferring to a private school, which will cause my parents to have to take out a huge loan. On top of this, I have been discovering that I am bi, so there is no way I can come out to my parents. What can I do to feel happier? (!)

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to a private school and I'm in crazy debt, "good debt", as quoted by a financial advisor. Anyway, it just seems like a huge burden on them. And I'm making the assumption (based on what you've said) that if they find out that you're bisexual, they will probably think twice about doing so. In that case, I think you should wait. You've come to far too potentially cause uncertainty in your future. Another year hiding who you are may be difficult, but I think you should give yourself this time to date men under the radar.

Then again, you should come out to them. If they refuse to take out the loan then rethink transferring. I came out to my Mom at 18 and my Dad at 26...they have been very accepting and haven't treated me differently ever since. My dad, thankfully co-signed for my loans and I refuse to believe that he would not have if I had told him sooner.

#2 pinklov3ly, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013