1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk penises.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Leutheria, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Leutheria

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This post doesn't actually relate to penises that much. I just thought that would be a cool title.

So I'm sort of bouncing back and forth between bi and lesbian, and I thought since I've figured out that I like girls I should explore the guy part of the equation. And that's how I wound up on tumblr looking through posts tagged "male model." It really wasn't as good an idea as I thought it would be.

But anyway, I made an interesting discovery while I was there. I appear to be attracted to guys... But only to the more feminine ones and only if they're fully clothed and I can only really see their faces. ...What? And then that attraction withers and dies if I think about what's in their pants.

I'm really sure what to make of this. XD Maybe I'm bi with a morbid fear of penises? Maybe I'm lesbian and can appreciate a nice looking boy? Biromantic homosexual? Homoromantic bisexual? Squirrel? Can anyone with similar experiences shed some light?

2. wandering i

I can find some women attractive if they have muscular, masculine bodies or otherwise masculine appearance, but I have no sexual attraction to women. If you're only attracted to the femininity, it sounds like you are only sexually attracted to women and not to men.
    And of course, appreciating beauty in either sex is not inherently sexual attraction.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This doesn't relate to penises that much? Dang. My favorite thing, and we don't get to talk about it much?!?

Joking aside...

Right now, I self identify as gay. I certainly have had attractions to guys for years. Certainly well back to junior high age.

Logically, you'd think I'd like seeing penises that are so big and impressive that they make a canon look like a water pistol. Actually, I don't. Going further, the penis by itself really doesn't excite me that much--it's just part of a man.

Likewise, I am not really into the big athlete who has rippling muscles bulging everywhere.

My ideal at the moment is a man who is solidly male (although in touch with his feminine side), and who is in decent shape, but sleek. Like many swimmers, or runners.

Enough of me. I think a bisexual woman could be truly bisexual and have some reservations about at least some penises. One thing to keep in mind: with nude photos, you are probably more likely to see the hugely endowed. Guys with a tiny penis are a lot less likely to advertise that fact.

4. lolgaby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can kind of relate, I'm gay, but, I like to stare at girls especially their boobs
    and asses, but when it comes to Ve-Jay-Jay, I Can't. And I don't like girls
    just their 2 pair twins.

It's wierd. :slight_smile:

5. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Too much focus on the penis.

most hetero women don't really like or want to look at it outside of sexual activity IME. Most, l've seen a few who were really into penises but it is often more of a gay male obsession.

l would say being physically attracted to the actual men is a good indicator of being bi lol.

6. Priiiide

But that's the question.. Is she physically attracted to men or just aesthetically? I think if someone is physically attracted to someone they still desire to some extent other parts of the body, no? I don't think I could get into a relationship with a pretty man and avoid sex and any physical contact, that's not a relationship... Unless you're both asexual but still even then asexuals sometimes like affection and contact. I could be wrong but just a thought..

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    ive never been aesthetically attracted to a man in my life so l can't answer that. l don't know what it's like to think "that person is hot" without thinking " l would hit that." All l can see is a creature who would be more attractive if it were female.

l can enjoy the sex for other reasons, like having mindsex with someone(except with their dick inside of you). l can enjoy sex with women as well but the aesthetic attraction makes it much more satisfying.

8. nikom87

Keep in mind that penis ≠ man and vagina ≠ woman. What's in people's pants doesn't really come up much unless you are planning to be intimate with them. Not sure if that changes your way of looking at your question or not :slight_smile:

I agree with other posts that appreciating feminine men doesn't necessarily mean you have to be sexually attracted to men.

9. Femmeme

Never mind the pictures, are you attracted to real life guys walking around doing guy stuff? The energy, vibe, smell of men? Pictures are deceiving, especially androgynous pictures.

10. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know, such a cock tease. I mean literally! I was teased with a title that promised penis...

Anyway, I'm all over the place with gender expression. I like femme/masculine guys and gals and everything in between. They're all appealing to me, but in different ways. Sometimes I'm more attracted to particular traits on a given day, it varies, but I'm decidedly not turned off by anatomy. Hell, I'm still looking for someone with a tail. I know they've got to be out there somewhere. I don't care if it's reptilian or mammalian, but I have a dream that one day I will find such a person and it will be amazing. Anything new is interesting to me.
    :icon_bigg

So, Leutheria, you're probably a lesbian if I had to guess. It sounds like your range of what you're into might be a little broader than you previously thought. Like you might be attracted to androgyny, and if feminine men are kind of attractive looking then maybe women who are slightly masculine are attractive to you too? But if anatomy is a deal breaker, then...

Although that may be over simplifying things.

11. Femmeme

^This^ it's ok to be attracted to masculine women. It can be a little confusing at first.. first HA! it's taken me 20 year to sort it out. Seriously, I've spent my adult life dating feminine men, but if they're just attractive when they're fully dressed, if they aren't really what lights the spark in your soul... don't waste your time or theirs.

12. Xochipilli

Aww man! I was getting all hot and bothered over the thread title. :lol:

I think you made an interesting discovery though. :icon_wink

13. Hmmm this is interesting. For me I can say that I am not aroused to random men no matter how attractive they are. I need to be able to get to know the person and once I know their personality then I begin to have sexual feelings. For sure I would never become aroused by seeing a picture of just a penis.

I love my husband's penis because it is attached to him. I've heard my straight friends say that penises aren't the nicest things to look at unless they like the overall man of whom it belongs to.

I identify as bi because I do find myself aroused by random images of nude women. But the attraction to men is far stronger. I think you should just take it for what it is in real life situations, like if you find yourself attracted to men great, if for women; great also.

14. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

You have described my feelings to a tee. I am attracted to the upper half of guys and not the lower half. I find penises gross!