1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel dirty.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PinkFluff, Apr 2, 2013.

1. PinkFluff

I know I have a sexual attraction to men. But after I fantasize or even think about anything homosexual, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I know what I am but I just feel so distraught over it. :tears:

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to be the same way when I was like 8-10... Your already 15 though when did your attraction to other guys begin?

3. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i used to think of the same thing... ive known i was attracted to dudes since i was 20 but didnt do anything about it till last month coz i would get turned off thinking bout it ....

hang in there buddy... it happens coz growing up youve been told that gay aint the way... and so you still have that in your head - that's what it was like with me and now im hating myself for not doing anything about it in the last 6 yrs...

4. PinkFluff

I was 15 when I realised I liked men.

5. PinkFluff

I mean, I'm looking around now and whenever I see a cute guy I feel wrong in feeling that way, and I want these feelings to stop. I want to accept myself but I cant.

6. twistsandturns

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is really hard to accept the feelings you are having since you just now found out who you are. Like the others have already said, you have grown up around the concept of homosexuality being wrong. Since you have just started fantasizing about men, it is going to take some time for you to grow used to these thoughts. I mean, you have never really thought about guys before and now you think about them all the time, right? It is a serious lifestyle change, and you are doing nothing wrong. Just give yourself some time to grow into the thoughts, and you will be thinking about guys like its natural befor you know it.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give yourself some time. I think every person who realizes they're gay goes through a period of self-hatred and disgust, because society sends us these subtle and not-so-subtle messages that being gay is wrong or bad.

But it isn't. It's a natural part of who we are. And we can't change it.

You're definitely on the right track by talking about your feelings, because the more you talk about it and let the feelings come to the surface, and the more you hear what others have to say, the more comfortable it will become for you.

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think I was the only person masturbating and that it was A. unhealthy and B. not allowed by society.

I learned otherwise about every case a few years later XD

9. Colours

This is probably because society has taught you that it's wrong. It will fade.

15 is not an *old* age to feel like that though. I have felt like that for a couple of years longer. Like Chip said, you're on the right track (baby you were born this way ;p).

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've presumably only been "sexually aware" for a bit. As you get more used to sexual feelings, they'll eventually subside.

Lex