1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denial? Confusion? What is this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pandas, Apr 6, 2013.

1. pandas

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How deep can denial go? I am constantly worrying that I'm in denial of my own sexuality and that I might actually want to be with a girl at this point in my life. I consider myself bisexual currently and I have a boyfriend. We have been in a serious relationship for a year and while I do love him, I find that when we are around other cute girls I am worried that my boyfriend will ward them off with his PDA. There were so many gorgeous "alternative" girls at this party last night my head was spinning.

I also ran into a girl I hooked up two weeks ago at this bar. My boyfriend was with me (he knows I hooked up with her). I got this horrible feeling in my stomach...I can't describe it. I was so upset. I'm not romantically attracted to her but I felt so shitty for some reason.

I thought I was happy in my relationship with my boyfriend. I thought I wanted to grow old with him and get a dog and be partners forever. Every time I ignore my attraction to women my frustration goes away and I feel fine. Whenever I become fixated on my sexuality I feel very unhappy and confused.

I'm also interested in talking to a therapist about this but I'm too embarrassed to talk about this to anyone. I've been dealing with this for a long time. I couldn't handle being gay. I'd be embarrassed if it turned out I am actually straight. But I know I've fallen in love with men before and that I'm sexually attracted to women.

---------- Post added 6th Apr 2013 at 01:35 PM ----------

Shoot. I meant for this to be in the Sexual Orientation category. Can someone move it? I can't figure out how to delete it.

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this isn't much help but this is why people need to take bisexuality more serious. I think it's worse than gay or straight as far as the confusion goes. I'm bi myself so I totally get the confusion part of it. I wish I could help but the best I can do is say I understand your frustration.

3. I just accepted myself as bi and gotta say i feel ya...hopefully after the bi step itll all be down hill from here