1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally attached and unable to function

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by browneyedgirl, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Hi everyone,
    I just needed some input I'm very confused and upset. Long story short, I think I'm figuring out that I am bisexual. But my feelings for women seem a lot more stronger sometimes. I tend to get very very emotionally attached to women, I become jealous of them spending time with other people, I only want to spend time with that one person.

When I am in a relationship with a woman they become my world, I wake up just to see them, need to talk/be with them all the time. If I am not with them then I am thinking about them. It gets so bad that I am unable to concentrate at work, I resent my kids and anyone else that diverts my attention/thoughts from this person. I pretty much become consumed, when the relationship ends I usually end up suicidal.

I don't get this way with men, I like them but I am able to have my own life and I daydream about guys but don't become consumed.

I just don't know how to change this and it's frustrating being like this. I do have ocd and am getting treatment for it but nothing seems to be helping. I feel like I will be like this forever.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long have your relationships with girls been? Is it something that settles down or is it always like that. I wouldnt say its all a bad thing but you do need to be able to function in the rest of your life at the same time.

3. longest was 3 years. It never settles down and if it does I move on to someone else. I think this is unhealthy.

4. I'm so sorry to write again, I'm really in a bad place. I feel like I am falling in love with my best friend. I can't even function, my husband is with the kids and I feel like I resent all of them which is making me feel guilty. I feel like I don't even want my kids because I just want to be with my friend.

This keeps happening. When I was younger I wouldn't talk to anyone but my then best friend, she was my world. I had no relationship with anyone else including my parents, other friends, I wouldn't go to school. I just wanted to be with her. This is sickening. The only thing that would stop my obsession for her was when I was attracted to a man. Then he would become my world but I could still function. Then once the high wore off every woman I spoke to I swear I'd fall in love with.

This is exhausting. I'm in therapy but I feel like its so slow to help.

5. RainbowMan

One thing that I'll say about therapy is that it is a slow process, but it does help - you just have to give it time. I could take this advice myself at times when I think that things are slow-going, so feel free to tell me the same thing in another thread in the future!!

6. June Cleaver

Do you have trust issues with females? To be obsessed with them like that sounds like you are insecure for some reason. I get those feelings about my partner recently. I know it stems from what happened last week which has caused me not to trust him deep inside. I am having to hide it from him which has been hard since we are close. It might be something to think about. Like why and what you are obsessing about when she is away? June

7. I don't think I have trust issues with women. I don't know, I just can't get people out of my head and it's so annoying. When I like a guy I fantasize etc but when I meet a girl I connect with I get really obsessed, I just want to be with her and only her and can't get them out of head, its like a song that keeps replaying and after a while it's like "ok, shut up already".

8. Ugh, my mind keeps telling me that I'm living a lie with my husband. But I truly am not, I really do love him and I get butterflies in my stomach when he's around, he does turn me on and I like having sex with him - I do have REAL romantic and sexual feelings for him. I'm sorry to rant I'm just so confused and I hate feeling like this.

Does anyone know how to cope? I know I am somewhat bisexual, maybe a 3.5 or something. I'm just not sure how to function day to day feeling so obsessed with women I interact and in between therapy sessions. I literally can't eat/sleep/concentrate on anything after I speak to a woman and connect with them - I just keep spinning our convo over and over in my head.

9. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    with your husband, did you ever have your "experiental stage" when you was younger, maybe your craving to go out and do that.
    as for the obbsession i understand you completely, im exactly the same way like you just want to give them all your time and you cant stop think about them. so its normal, i guess the only way to cope is to keep it in really, and try and carry on with your life, i dont think you can stop your mind from been obbsessed you need to divert your attention onto somthing else

10. This exciting feeling happens with every girl I talk to and can relate to, then I get really attached to them. But if I meet a guy I like the feelings for him are usually stronger and I still talk to my friend but I talk about the new guy. With my husband I was like a giddy school girl, I loved being with him. I would playfully touch him, that transfers to sexual feelings.

But then once things settle down a bit the guy I usually like kind of makes me sick. I was molested/raped/forced into sex a lot when I was a teen. It kind of feels like the feelings I have for those men. I don't want to pin it on that though.

I just don't want to make the wrong choice being married with children.