1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FeministFemme97, Apr 9, 2013.

1. So, Hi guys.

I've been asking this for about eight months now.

I'm 15 years old and the only sexual (if you can call it that) experience I've had was kissing a guy at a dance. I only did it because there were a group of people heckling us to do it. Afterwards I felt awful. My stomach went all twisted and I felt physically a bit sick.
    I've had a crush on three girls. The first was an out lesbian, the other two are known to be straight and in relationships. (One of these crushes has been for about five months now) I've only ever had weak crushes on guys when I was in primary school and they were never sexual.
    I can only imagine my future with a woman, but I don't get nervous when I talk to the ones I find attractive or anything like that (I go to an all girls school though, so maybe I've just gotten used to the girl/girl interactions)
    There's another factor at play though, and it's a bit dumb. I WANT to be gay....

So, Please anyone out there, do you think I'm gay? :help:

2. leslly

Out Status:
    A few people
    You do seem to have lesbian 'tendencies,' but I don't think I can tell you if you're a lesbian or not. That's something you have to decide.

About wanting to be gay, I feel the same way too. The reason I want to be gay is because it feels so right. It feels natural.

3. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As leslly said, only you can really answer that question for yourself, but if you can't see yourself in a serious relationship with a guy but imagine a future in which you're in a relationship with a woman, I'd say that's a pretty good indication.
    That (wanting a future with a woman as opposed to a man) was definitely one of those things that made me go "holy crap, I'm gay."

4. Clowstar

i'd say you're definitely looking that way, but it's truly up to you to solve that question.

5. LoveMusicPoetry

Possibly, sexuality is a complexed thing though and it's not always as clear cut as that. Doesn't mean you can't identify as a lesbian/gay though. If you feel that's a label that fits you then use it. If at some point something happens that makes you reconsider that then you can just not identify as lesbian/gay anymore. It can take years for people to figure out their sexuality, it has for me. Things are rarely 100% one way or the other, the important thing is to feel comfortable with the way you identify, if indeed you want to identify at all.