1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell my best friend how I feel

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by somegirl, Apr 11, 2013.

1. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like one of my closest friends (a girl). We've been through a lot together, and she's helped me through the toughest of stuff these last few months. I don't want to lose her, but it's hurting me too much for me to carry on without her knowing. I don't really know how to tell her. She knows I'm gay, and she's totally cool with it. She knows there's a girl I like, and she's advised me to tell her. So, how do I tell her it is her?? Please help

2. gem1715

Out Status:
    All but family
    I wish I could give you some advice but I'm actually going through the exact same thing. My friend and I are on the same team as well so that makes things even harder. For me (I'm a sophomore in college and she's a junior) I think in going to tell her after next season is over but before I go abroad in the spring (I'm missing her graduation :frowning2:). I'm not sure of your circumstances but, for me, I'm waiting until there's a less chance of awkwardness being on the same team. I'm sorry for not being any help, but I'm glad that there is someone else going through a similar situation :slight_smile:

3. lawRAWR

I understand how you are feeling, I fell in love with my best friend, for about a year. It was almost painful for me whenever she had a boyfriend because I wanted to have her myself. I never actually told her in fear I'd lose her as a friend. We have eventually drifted. You want to tell her, but you don't want to lose that friendship; and that's understandable. Maybe you could give her a few hints or ask her related questions? Do you have any idea as to whether she likes you, or is it just a one way attraction?

4. Michelle1987

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just told my best friend a few weeks ago because it was killing me and I thought she felt the same way. I hurt her feelings the same weekend that I told her by doing something shitty and she wanted space from that anyway. It's been a few weeks and we're cool in person and whatnot but I can tell she has a wall up.It's just not how it used to be. She told me she is trying, but it's hard. It kills me because I don't know if it's from me hurting her feelings, what I told her, or both.
    Sometimes I regret telling her and wonder if things would be different right now if I hadn't, but at the same time I always would have wondered "what if" if I never told her.
    I think you should tell her. Things might be weird at first, but hopefully they will get back to normal or maybe she will feel the same way.

I still hold onto hope that our relationship will go back to how it was. I also still hope that me telling her made her think about it all and maybe she realized she does feel the same way but is just freaking out. Either way, I just want my best friend back.