1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay boss\Gay Co-worker

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mrcake, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Mrcake

My boss is gay, my co worker is gay and they are 28 years old (7 years older than me). They are much more experienced and outspoken gay people, and I am this shy guy who has worked with them for two years - still in the closet, and just realizing that I am probably gay\bi. What should I do if I were to talk to them to make it less awkward? It is always kind of awkward when I talk to them because I think they might now that I may be gay.

2. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're going to bring it up, be casual. Make it no big deal.

If you work in retail, comment on the hot guy you served or something. You don't need to go up and tell them your life story, or sexual wakening, as it were.

3. nkwacky

nkwacky Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just keep it casual and simple. You are lucky you work in an environment where there are already out gay men. I know it is difficult to come to terms with your sexuality at first, but coming out of the closet is a very liberating experience.
    Just make a casual comment about how you find some guy hot. They will catch on to it and will be cool with it. (They are gay themselves, so they know it is a difficult stage in life. They might even support you in your personal struggle at dealing with your sexuality).
    Good Luck. :slight_smile: