1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual? Confusion.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ALittleConfused, Apr 12, 2013.

1. ALittleConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess this is a pretty common 'I'm so confused about my sexuality' teenage girl post, so I'll try and make it brief.

I don't know if I'm bisexual or not. I understand that bisxuality would be defined as attraction to more than one gender, but I don't really know what fits the category of 'attraction'. I experience very little attraction in general, which makes it sort of harder to tell.

A female friend recently (read: a couple of months ago) came out as gay, and it triggered off the thought process in me. I've never really thought about it before, I've dated a couple of guys but never really formed a massive emotional or physical connection to any of them. It started off with the realisation that I wouldn't not date women. Then that I find men and women equally attractive. Then the fact that I think I have a crush on the aforementioned gay friend - which is also confusing, because I didn't before she came out. I guess a couple of my childhood crushes were female too. I don't know if it's just a phase, or something I should sit with, or what.

I'm young, sure, and I probably should just roll with it and see what happens. I already know all of my friends would be perfectly fine with it, as would most people I know: I have a couple of completely open friends and everybody's cool with it. My parents, probably not so much. I don't know if I should talk about it with someone, or just leave it.

I don't know, I'm just looking for advice.

Thanks for reading.

2. ASAP Deakey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um, I reckon the only way to know if it's a big deal or not is to let it run its course. You don't really have to come out to anyone if you don't want to... nobody's holding a gun to your head, and nobody's said it's the law to come out or anything like that. You can do what you want with your feelings (provided it's not hurting anybody).

It sounds to me like knowing that girl was gay is just putting the possibility in your head that you could, theoretically, date her. And maybe, your brain doesn't actually mind that at all. Maybe you actually quite like that idea. And there's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

All I would say is act on what you feel. It's cool to be with someone, whatever gender they are. It's not a problem.

3. Cougar

Cougar Guest

Excellent advice from ASAP Deakey!

From my point of view we have the capability to engage with both sexes, but the society suppresses the homosexual option to maximize reproduction.

Homosexuality can be so thrilling because both think, feel and react in a very similar way!

If you are bisexual that doesn't mean that you have to share your time between men and women; you are free to do what you want. :icon_wink

4. ALittleConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: Turns out, she felt the same way about me, so, we're both muddling our way along together. Although it's kind of amusing, because my attraction to girls previously now seems ridiculously obvious in retrospect. Anyway, thank you :slight_smile:

5. ASAP Deakey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is so cute! I'm glad it worked out for you guys.