1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HRT question

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jinkies, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so I've got a boyfriend :slight_smile: And the relationship seems to be quite serious on both ends, to the point where it's very likely that I'll be traveling across the Atlantic to see him this July. He's also said he would move to the states if I ended up working in LA in the film industry (There's a small chance I might end up working for a big company).

As you may or may not know, I'm transgender. I'm androgyne, which is basically being both male and female while at the same time being neither (Of course, the inverse is sometimes true, too) so I've contemplated HRT before. And it's been a "I may or may not do it, depending on a few things"

Well, one of those depending things is starting to crop up: More body hair than I was hoping for. It's not entirely terrible, but it's definitely noticeable. I know HRT can help with this, and I also know it can do a bit more than expected or hoped for. Usually, I wouldn't mind it so much. But my boyfriend still wants me to appear male, basically no boobs. That's the big thing. He doesn't care about body hair unless it's bigfoot hair.

So the question is this: Is it still possible to do HRT and only end up with things like minimized hair, but also not have boobs grow?

2. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had wondered that too (I don't want to lose too much hair on my head!) but you can't really choose the effects of HRT. If it's just the body hair, is it a viable option to try types of hair removal (like shaving or something)?

3. DhammaGamer

Just take spironolactone. It will halt testosterone production and any further masculinization. Keep in mind that it can hinder the libido and development of muscle mass.