1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan or no?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Goodnyte, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Goodnyte

Hey guys. I am seriously questioning my sexuality. I have always thought myself to be straight. You know, grow up, nice kids, nice husband, nice house blah blah. However, I feel like me being straight is a lie now. Every time someone says I am straight the label just feels wrong on my skin. Like, it is foreign to me.Anytime I say I am straight, it leaves a bad taste on my tongue.

I don't know when this started. All I know is that it did and it confuzzles me greatly. Not only that, but when I think about what sexuality I am, I never really think, "Oh, I'm only attracted to girls." "Oh, I am attracted to guys and girls." No. I barely realize there are only two genders. When I think about who I imagine myself with or something of that nature, I just think of a person, no specific gender or sex. Just a person.

Does anyone have any advice at all? Any comments, observations, etc? :help::help::help:

2. sillyolme

You definitely sound as if you could be Pansexual. Pansexual people tend to use the phrase "Hearts, not parts" Meaning they look directly at who they are as a person rather then what they have in there pants. If you think you can love anyone, regardless of Gender, then this sounds right for you. However, only you can make the final call.

3. BreannaToBrian

I'm in the same boat. For a long time I just called myself straight mainly for the fact so my parents don't suspect anything out of the ordinary when it comes to my sexuality. Just to not taint their mental picture and keep them thinking I'm going to be married to a man and have an average life like everyone else. But, I'm finding I don't fall on the lines of "straight" I don't really find sexual attraction for men.

I'm not in a hurry at all to have a relationship with anyone right now, I'm sixteen I have plenty of time, but I have been wondering to myself if I were to have a relationship with someone, what type of person would I want to be with? My final answer was, doesn't matter. I can picture myself being with any gender with any biological sex. However, I don't necessarily like the general man or woman. It wasn't until this evening that I found out it was call being Pansexual. I'm not going to immediately label myself Pansexual yet until I become 100% sure. So far I've just settled with 'don't know, don't care'.

Another common that I seem to have with Pansexuality is what sillyolme said above. Not wanting a sexual relationship but wanting to be with them for who they are (or is that panromantic?) agh! These different labels make it complicated! But I do believe I fall more on the lines of being Pansexual rather than strict hetrosexual.

4. mariebmcd

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can completely relate to the original poster. I have always said straight up until a few months ago. I'm not really out, so I try to dodge questions about who or what type I might be interested in. I feel weird when people automatically ask about guys... I wouldn't mind if someone asked me about women as well, or I guess if they just didn't ask specifically about any specific gender.

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Pansexuality is beautiful :slight_smile: Falling in love with the person, and not the gender is an amazing feeling :slight_smile:

6. sillyolme

For me, I was never certain about my sexuality. If someone asked me what I was, I would say straight, rather than "I don't know". I then realised that I wouldn't have an issue with going out with someone of any gender. I kinda feel like (no offence to anyone) that going out with someone based on gender is a form of prejudice. But, I guess, I would feel that way because of my sexuality :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. For example, one of my best friends recently came out to me as FtM Trans. It doesn't change the fact that she is my best friend, nor does it change her personality. So why should love be any different than friendship?

^Yes.That. I am so proud of the fact that I can call myself Pansexual (or Panromantic... Whatever) it is ridiculous (Also, the flag is really pretty :grin:)

7. rickon43

rickon43 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wow. You guys realize this kind of attitude is why pansexuality gets a bad rep right. Like why are you so proud of yourself for your sexuality. Did you overcome the binds if the flesh or something? Lets be honest, love is just friendship with monogamous sex. 10 years from now everyone will themselves pan just to feel good about themselves and feast off all this selfrighteousness. Jeez that is going to be annoying.

8. sillyolme

Yes, that is Panromantic (and then either Asexual, Grey-ace or demisexual. Not wanting a sexual relationship at all would be Panromantic Asexual.) You can still have a sexual relationship, but it doesn't matter what form of genitalia they have.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2013 at 02:54 PM ----------

Okay, maybe proud was the wrong word to use. I am not saying it is any better than any other sexuality, far from it. It is still a sexual preference and is, by no means, the "master race" of sexuality. I suppose I meant that I am happy to call myself Pansexual, just as much as someone else is happy to call themselves Gay

9. Cougar

Cougar Guest

If you begin with the widest self-identity available you have the best chances to learn as much as possible about the wide range of sexuality that waits for your exploration.

Even if you end up as a monogamous housewife you did all that is possible to find the best solution for you. :icon_wink

#9 Cougar, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  10. Goodnyte

Yeah...I will never be a housewife. I can't clean worth my life and cooking is not good. Not only that, I would not survive doing a single thing a "housewife" does.